a different frame of mind

Post by Nadia Brand on Jul 23, 2014 11:57:36 GMT

i.imgur.com/w5nEgAc.png
Take off wasn't for another half an hour at least, but they had all boarded, although that wasn't too difficult. Half the passengers on this flight were incorporeal spirits, after all. All the flight crew had to do was tell the passengers, who numbered even fewer than the crew, to get on the plane.

The Mage's Association had spared them a private jet liner, which was cushy in the way that Nadia imagined that the inside of a coffin might be cushy. There was entirely too much satin and velvet on lacquered hardwood. Even the walls and carpeting were cushy and soft. Nadia felt trapped in a fuzzy marshmallow prison. She hoped this wasn't what being dead was like.

At least there was company. Nadia imagined there wouldn't be much company inside a coffin. If you had company in a coffin, there was probably some sort of problem.

"Hi."

That wasn't much of a hello. It felt a little weird to stop there, but Nadia didn't have much more to say. She strained herself: "Which one are you again?"

Nadia Brand Avatar

Nadia Brand
TEAM RED

Post by Svetlana Dmitriyeva on Jul 30, 2014 1:00:30 GMT

i.imgur.com/mnCF5.png
The first thing Svetlana did on the plane was order a drink -- the second was to kick up her heeled feet and place her boots on the table in front of her. She spared only a passing glance at the attendant that brought her liquor before picking up her glass.

The woman didn't drink it, but it was comforting to have something to occupy her hands.

She reclined in the overly-plush seats, reveling in the comfort and ease of the plane. There were quite a few perks to working for the Association, as much as she disliked it sometimes, and this was certainly one of them.

"Hi."

Her gaze shifted to someone with obnoxiously red hair, who followed up with a rather forced question. In lieu of an immediate response, she simply raised an eyebrow.

"You could've just asked my name." The corner of her mouth curved up in a smirk. "Master of Lancer. Svetlana."

The mercenary looked away, not bothering to face Nadia as she spoke. "So which one are you?"

Post by Nadia Brand on Aug 2, 2014 10:03:54 GMT

She didn't actually care about Svetlana's name. If she did, she would've asked for it. Vaguely, Nadia felt bad about that. She should get to know her teammates, shouldn't she? But was there really a point if this was a battle to the death?

"Master of Caster," Nadia said, nodding in return. She supposed she should give her name too. This didn't feel like a regular round of office introductions though. Nevertheless, she conjured up a reasonably cheerful smile and offered a handshake. "Nadia Brand. I work for the Association."

After a second, she shrugged and stated the obvious: "I guess you don't." She didn't recognize the woman at all, and she would know most enforcers. She'd also heard word of all the major and minor families that'd answered the Association's last-minute call for masters. Either Csilla had taken a very new form, or this woman was a mercenary. The former didn't seem very likely.

After several more seconds, Nadia asked, because this one she did want to know, however personal a question it may be, "Do you think you'd actually win the war, or is your wish just worth the gamble?"

Nadia Brand Avatar

Nadia Brand
TEAM RED

Post by Svetlana Dmitriyeva on Aug 13, 2014 19:02:26 GMT

Svetlana eyed the woman's hand for a brief moment before opting to shake it. She responded with a smile of her own -- slightly sardonic and only vaguely sincere, but a smile nonetheless. "Pleasure."

Nadia's educated 'guess' didn't faze the woman at all, and she just shrugged. No confirmation, no denial; simply a shrug. They were (officially) on the same side. The Association had gathered them all, given them weapons, sent them off to fight -- that qualified as 'working for them,' in her book. But she was more than content to let the conversation end there and ride the rest of the flight in silence when the redhead spoke again.

She raised an eyebrow. "Who knows?" Svetlana knew there was a slim chance of her making it out of the war alive, and an even slimmer one of her actually winning, but if she succeeded --

-- if she succeeded, she'd have it all.

"Maybe I'm just a fool." She glanced over at Nadia. "And you?"

Quick Reply