[katya] kings and queens of promise

Post by Ruler on Jul 19, 2014 14:31:21 GMT

[attr="class","pork"]
RULER
CLEOPATRA VII
QUEEN OF KINGS
[attr="class","buns"]Your neighborhood friendly Ruler, Cleopatra VII is a big softie. She just wants everyone to enjoy their time alive, fight a quick little war, and get everything resolved in a timely fashion. She's interested in the personal happiness of all the servants, and she's probably inclined to coddle all the masters. After all, most of them are going to die soon; she's a bit of a hospice nurse in that respect. She'll show up if things get of hand, and she's happy to talk or hang out with servants and masters on either team.

For the most part, she's friendly and forgiving--if quite a bit grandiose and arrogant--but if she's called upon to actually do her job, to keep everyone in line, Ruler does not hesitate, nor does she feel any regret. She prefers to rule as the mother goddess, aspect of Isis, but she is perfectly capable of being judge, jury, and executioner instead.

FRIENDS; Everyone by default, unless you piss her off.
ENEMIES; My advice to you: don't piss her off.
LOVERS; Are you Mark Antony? Yeah, I didn't think so.
OTHER; Come at me bro.
[attr="class","pork"]
CASTER OF RED
NIMUE
LADY OF THE LAKE
[attr="class","buns"]The Lady of the Lake is Red Team's healbot. Too bad she's slated to die on Day 2. I'm looking to make friends and enemies, to make a her team mourn her loss and her enemies celebrate it. She can be an evil, evil, mean fairy lady, but she can also be a wise woman that cares deeply for her loved ones.

Her master is Nadia, which means the two of them will be looking for fights early and often. I also think she's inclined to socialize with the other masters and servants, simply because she knows she'll be playing a support role, so it'd be wise to get to know the other combatants. I also suspect she'd seek out her enemies as well. She's no assassin spy, but she can probably have a little chat through a scrying orb or something.

I'm most interested in plotting Caster's death, because I'm not sure how that's going to go down. It's a Black Servant's chance to shine, so talk to me if you play one! There's only Day 0 and Day 1 for dramatic build-up, but I think we can definitely work out something cool.

FRIENDS; All her teammates and most knightly sorts.
ENEMIES; Wanna help me kill her?
LOVERS; She dies on Day 2, but if you want to go for it, let's go for it.
OTHER; Come at me bro.
[attr="class","pork"]
MASTER OF RED CASTER
NADIA
[attr="class","buns"]Nadia starts out as a straight and narrow enforcer for the Mage's Association. They tell her to jump, she asks how high. She's got a few rebellious bones in her body though, so she might deviate from that path if given an opportunity or a reason why.

She's the bearer of both Excalibur and Avalon, and her crest is all about being a perfect soldier. Like Kuzuki, Nadia does her own fighting, and Caster of Red is her support. This is pretty fucking scary up until Caster drops dead, then Nadia's got to be more careful--but she'll still probably run out seeking worthy opponents anyway.

FRIENDS; Anyone that will fight honorably alongside her. Also, anybody that will fight honorably against her.
ENEMIES; ...People who don't fall into the above two categories.
LOVERS; She's into damsels in distress. Also, knights in shining armor.
OTHERS; Come at me bro.
[attr="class","pork"]
MASTER OF BLACK RIDER
ALTAI-ERDENE
[attr="class","buns"]Altai's a little shit, and you should not let his horrible backstory make you feel bad for him--or you can, but he's still a little shit. At 15, he's got the regular pubertal crap to deal with, and a magus battle royale is not something he needs to deal with right now. He'll be an asshole to pretty much everybody, friend or foe.

His brother was supposed to be the master. Altai is an untrained magus running on mostly artificial magic circuits. He is also prone to temper tantrums. This is a recipe for disaster. He's probably dead, but I'm not sure if he gets some character redemption before then or not.

FRIENDS; You'd have to have been his friend BEFORE the war.
ENEMIES; Pretty much anyone that can't deal with his bad attitude.
LOVERS; ...He's probably a virgin.
OTHERS; Maybe someone to teach him magic?
[attr="class","pork"]
CATALYST COLLECTOR
MENG NA
[attr="class","buns"]Meng Na is the ex from hell. She is married to Octavian. She loathes him. She takes exquisite pleasure out of making his life difficult. Currently, she's not doing much besides being a thorn in his side and making popcorn for the comedy that is the Holy Grail War. She is Chaotic Evil and loving it.

She's an adventurer of sorts. Meng Na's traveled the world collecting historical and magical artifacts, although she didn't have to. Her crest lets her find anything, and her elemental affinity lets her acquire anything. She can be of use to characters that need a scryer or a thief. All you need to do is either pay for her help or convince her it'll be fun.

FRIENDS; Acquaintances, many. Friends... better be as twisted as she is.
ENEMIES; People she's stolen from? Octavian's friends?
LOVERS; Many. Many, many, many.
OTHERS; A stretch, but perhaps other people that are in the black market?
[newclass=.pork]width: 100px; display: block;padding: 10px; text-align: center; font-family: courier new;font-size: 10px;[/newclass][newclass=.pork img]border-radius: 50px;[/newclass][newclass=.buns]padding: 10px; height: 150px; display: block; width: 300px; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; margin: 10px 0px;[/newclass]
Ruler Avatar

Ruler

Post by Svetlana Dmitriyeva on Jul 21, 2014 8:01:04 GMT

idk ruler and lana have fcs from the same series does that mean anything at all

alternatively, svetlana gives 0 shits about caster but she probably wouldn't get along with nadia. they both work for the association, but -- at least for lana -- it's more of a ...

... convenient alliance.

also i doubt lana would be all that motivated to keep nadia alive, but. well. same team. probably better for her to help her out at some point. (but there isn't an honorable bone in svetlana's body, so uh. yes.)

Post by Catharsis on Jul 21, 2014 11:35:59 GMT

Atm, I figure Cleopatra is welcoming everyone into town and delivering them homemade cookies. Note that she has no clue how to bake, and they are probably the worst cookies the world has ever seen. If Lana steps really far out of line, things might get more serious.

One of my thoughts for making Caster's death meaningful is actually to have her realize that their team is a clusterfuck, do her best to befriend everybody, and then martyr herself to unify the team as much as it's possible. Coulson style. Not sure it'll work out, but I do want to try threading Caster with everybody all the same! As a pretty selfish chaotic neutral lady, Caster would probably like Lana fine--but not trust her. She knows where trusting her would lead.

Nadia's willing to work with Lana as long as Lana for pretty much the exact same reasons, but I guess they're going to hate each other. I'd love to see it play out either into a functional working relationship or into the realms of star-crossed nemeses. Either way, Nadia can't be left for the dead, and Nadia would save Lana's life with full knowledge that Lana sure as hell wouldn't return the favor, so shit works out.

(I think after Lancer and Caster die, Lana and Nadia should at some point try continuing exactly what they were doing together: Lana as support mage, Nadia as sword-swinging thug. Who needs servants, man.)
Catharsis Avatar

Catharsis
STAFF

Post by Wrath on Jul 21, 2014 20:26:58 GMT

poisoned cookies. great. alternatively, svetlana might just offer to teach ruler how to bake cookies, because. yeah. them cookies are dangerous.

and that sounds like a plan! it sounds like a terrible plan and i'm not sure if it'd work, but it sounds like a plan. although caster is pretty smart, so lana might appreciate at least that much.

star-crossed nemeses would be fantastic tbh. getting along is overrated. (and that sounds good, tbh. nadia might not have the nps of a servant but gj nimue on making your master kind of op)
Wrath Avatar

Wrath
OOC

Post by Catharsis on Jul 22, 2014 6:07:08 GMT

Baking lessons with Lana, yes. I am game for that. It can be Lana's good deed of the year: sparing everyone in the holy grail war of Cleopatra's godawful cookies. Alternatively, you could try to poison the batch of cookies she'll be delivering to your enemies.

Okay, so I put Nimue and Georgie on the same plane ride to Taixuan, so their respective masters should totally have a meet and greet too. It will probably be a lot less pleasant. It might be a short thread, because Nimue said Nadia's asleep, and I imagine that after a short conversation, Nadia and Lana might want to spend the rest of the trip ignoring each other.

(Hey, Nimue is a very responsible servant. She might drop dead early, but she made sure her master will stay alive before she went at least.)
Catharsis Avatar

Catharsis
STAFF
Catharsis Avatar

Catharsis
STAFF
Marcos Amuro Avatar

Marcos Amuro
TEAM RED
Catharsis Avatar

Catharsis
STAFF

Post by Marcos Amuro on Aug 1, 2014 8:27:59 GMT

Marcos can teach Altai magic. BY KILLING HIM.

Nah. Anyway, Marcos and Altai. I thought I was the only one who was gonna app a teenager :( I don't think there's anything else to be said. is a douchebag though. In skype messages, Vira's been telling me about how Hector may hate Marcos more for summoning his brother on the other side. I feel like it's Marcos who's getting all the hate.

Can't wait for them and their servants to meet.
Marcos Amuro Avatar

Marcos Amuro
TEAM RED

Post by Catharsis on Aug 3, 2014 16:43:03 GMT

Ngl, I think Altai is going to end up killing himself via spellcasting disaster. But hey, Marcos is a NICE teenager. Altai is the horrible teenager.

As an aside, for a bit of recognition when they do meet up eventually, I think it'd make sense of Marcos knew (of) Batu-Erdene? Altai's brother would've probably been in his late teens/early twenties, but they're both young heirs to noteworthy families. Altai wouldn't know Marcos or even have heard of the Amuro family (he's basically a muggle), but any reminder of Batu would add an awkward spin to their encounters for Altai. It would certainly make Altai unfairly nasty, but I guess that's his default state anyway.

Can they be horrible I-would-never-trust-you-but-let's-get-drinks besties? Nadia and Lana already hate each other, so let's go the other direction this time!

I think she definitely could've hired her to come along on various artifact quests. I assume she would've been pretty immune to backstabbing since she can rob banks very, very easily, so I bet she gives a big paycheck. Meng Na would also definitely be super keen on Svetlana stabbing Team Red in the black--both because it'd be awesome and also because she might still have a soft spot for Yggy.

As an aside, they might be distantly related or with affiliated families? Lana's displacement spells are sort of similar to Meng Na's space-related spells.
Catharsis Avatar

Catharsis
STAFF

Post by Tanz on Aug 3, 2014 16:52:18 GMT

I CAN DO THAT. I can even go as far as say that Marcos had met Batu. His father's magecraft was ground-breaking after all. Considering the Nergül and Sarangerel were interested in maximizing magic circuits, it's not a stretch for there to have been an intellectual discussion between them in the past. Marcos would have most likely admired his brother. He hadn't thought about him recently, but he definitely had positive things to say about him.

I don't think Marcos would have heard of Altai xD or remember to be exact.
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
I play Ying Zhemg, Li Xin, Wang Ben, Marcos Amuro, Luca Barany, Kiritsugu Emiya-Yggdm., and Jin.
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
I play Ying Zhemg, Li Xin, Wang Ben, Marcos Amuro, Luca Barany, Kiritsugu Emiya-Yggdm., and Jin.
Quick Reply