I've never killed a dragon

Post by Celest Vermillion on Jul 30, 2014 21:51:58 GMT

i.imgur.com/OnZGKab.png
The morning was probably Celest's favorite time of day. Her hair was tied back in a braid as always and she was getting ready to make an important spell happen. She never really had worked on a spell quite of this.. length. But she was confident that she could do fine, after all stupider people have done it before, right? Biting her lip softly she couldn't help but take a second and doubt that this was the right thing to do. Then, her mother's face showed up in her mind and the angry girl went back to work. 

Stepping back, she looked down at her circle in satisfaction. She was actually quite proud of her work and quickly turned on her heel over to her collection of things, grabbing a fancy box she opened it up to look at her catalyst. She ran her fingers softly along the leaf, unsure on how it was unable to break. It looked as though it had been stained with blood. 

She gently set it down and walked back and closed her eyes, running her lines in her head. Something she was very good at was line memorization, even if someone didn't like her acting style at the very least she had that. She opened her eyes and turned around looking at her work once more.

Her hand lifted up and Celest hesitated once more, was she really ready for such a commitment as this? Then she once again let her ego come back to her, she wouldn't lose this. There was no way she could let Octavian get away with this. And with that she began to speak her lines that she had memorized so well.

(Are you guys gonna make me write out the summoning words? I hope not. - )

Post by Siegfried on Aug 2, 2014 3:53:21 GMT

Life inside of the Throne of Heroes was more akin to non-existence.  The passage of time didn't mean anything as the hero could not remember what had happened before the time he manifested within the Grail.  Even his time within the Grail could be compared to suspended animation.  He didn't hunger or thirst or think or feel.  He merely existed for a fraction of time.  Until he was given a body, his thoughts and desires meant nothing.  He was here only in preparation for what was to come.

The scratching of chalk was the first sensation that he had felt for the entirety of his existence.  The relentless sound of chalk scratching against a stone floor.  The rough scrapping in almost rhythmic tempo.  The sound never lasted for more than two or three seconds before there was the briefest of silence.  It was grating and nearly maddening.  Thankfully for him he was only capable of perceiving.  He could make no firm judgements about the sounds.  He merely waited.

There was even more silence after the grating sound faded.  Somewhere deep down he knew what was occurring.  As his mind was being assembled he knew the process of his summoning somehow.  A dual existence within his mind.  He was a construct of the Holy Grail.  A vessel for mana given will under the command of a magus.  His purpose was to fight and eventually fall whether by the hands of another Master and Servant or simply to be consumed by the Grail to complete its purpose.

However he was also Siegfried.  He was a prince in life, but more prominently he was a warrior of legend.  He was invincible due to the magics in the blood of the dragon he slew.  He wielded an enchanted sword capable of beating any army.  He was a knight above all else who loyally served his lord, and he died to a betrayal from those very ideals.

Somewhere he could hear the faint chanting of a female voice...

His memories flooded back to him.  Each and every one of them.  He knew of his service to his lord Gunnar.  He knew of his betrayal to the queen Byrnhild.  He could perfectly remember each life that he had taken and each person he had wronged.  He could remember those that he helped.  Whose lives he touched in a positive light.  He was immediately aware of how few those were in comparison.

A bright light filled his vision once he became capable of perceiving it...  Feeling returned to his body accompanied by the numbing sensation of his magical skin...

With perfect clarity, he could account for every sin he committed in life and judge himself.  He could see in hindsight that he had not lived up to his ideals.  He wished to be a true ally of justice, a true hero.  Instead, he was a numb weapon who acted in accordance to others wishes.  He trampled on his sense of justice in the interest of those who sought his power.  He knew what he had to do.  His very existence may be limited to this 'game,' but he would not betray himself once more.

The light faded and the dust cleared.  A man with long silvery hair stood in the center of the circle the young girl drew.  He stood several heads taller than her.  His figure toned and hardly obscured by bulky armor.  Green veins streaked across his chest, one rising up his neck and ending on his right cheek. 

He looked down on her.  His bright green eyes slowly took her in, focusing on the blood-red crest on the back of her hand.  His voice echoed slightly in the chamber as he spoke.

"I am Saber, your Servant.  I have come in response to your summoning.  I ask of you.  Are you my Master?"

Siegfried Avatar

Siegfried
TEAM RED

Post by Celest Vermillion on Aug 2, 2014 16:13:23 GMT

i.imgur.com/OnZGKab.png
Celest looked over the man that stood in front of her, her arm now at her side. He was.. scary. He certainly was a lot bigger then her and her small frame. She knew that if he wanted to he could easily squish her, but no. At this point they were partners in this endeavor, and from now on they were going to die for each other. He'd protect her and she'd try her best to protect him. Together they would work as one.

"I am."

She replied to his simple question, her eyes meeting his, not shaking from him. She would not fear him. She refused she would stay strong and make it through all of this. There was no way she would chicken out now, especially not to her own servant.

"My name is Celest Vermillion, and it shall be a pleasure working with you." She spoke, nodding her head to him. She would treat him as an equal and as much as her legs wanted to shake and she wanted to bow. She would not, she was a companion on a battle ground, she was not his queen nor he her king. They were knights with the same goal in mind.

Finally breaking eye contact with him once more, she looked over his armor, his long silver hair. He honestly didn't look human, she expected someone more.. human looking. They really were a lot more powerful then the rest of them. Sighing softly, she felt her anxiety leave her. No way were they going to lose, you could almost feel the power radiating off of her servant. 

"I'd appreciate if you didn't call me master.. I'd like to think we'd work as equals and that I'm more of a partner to you. So if you could just call me Celest, that probably would be prefered.

Post by Siegfried on Aug 6, 2014 5:55:28 GMT

He did not move from his current position.  He awaited her response to his question.  He would give her as much time as she needed to find enough comfort in the situation to reply.  He felt that if a summoner had brought forth a demon in front of him or another human-like being he too would be speechless for some time.  Though they were two entirely different entities, he felt that even magi felt surprised by the products of their own work from time to time.

He took this opportunity to look her over.  She was young, not young enough to be a child though.  Even by this age's standards she looked old enough for be considered a matured adult.  She was toned and her body appeared to be well-trained.  This was unusual for the typical lifestyle of a magus.  They would much prefer researching in their studies over going outdoors let alone exercising.  He felt himself naturally liking his Master more because she was atypical to what his first presumptions of what a magus was.

She finally spoke.  "I am."  He stayed still as a statue as she spoke to him.  Her voice had resolve to it.  He knew that she was intimidated by him.  Her posture was rigid.  Her tone was static and forced.  It was like a child speaking to a teacher or parent that they feared.  "My name is Celest Vermillion, and it shall be a pleasure working with you."

She finished her introduction with a nod.  He wasn't sure if he detected the slightest hint of hesitation.  He tried to be less critical of her position.  She finally broke eye contact, refusing to let their gazes not meet, and looked him over.  He knew that he was odd even by human standards to look upon.  The sword on his back was taller than he was.  The cross section of the hilt as wide as his shoulders.  The blade was several inches thick and a couple wide.  To wield such a blade required inhuman levels of strength.  But he wasn't exactly human anymore.  His chest glowed a soft green light that spread across his front in small streaks centering from where his heart was.

"I'd appreciate if you didn't call me master.. I'd like to think we'd work as equals and that I'm more of a partner to you. So if you could just call me Celest, that probably would be prefered."

He let the silence set in the room as he thought of how to word his answer.  This was a bit of a test to see her resolve.  He simply looked at her with a rigid expression.  She didn't back down though.  She was sure of herself on this.

Siegfried moved for the first time since his summoning.  It felt just as it did in life.  He took two steps from the center of the circle, but it was enough to allow him to stand on the edge.  He leaned down, picked up the fig leaf, and examined it in the light.  He approached his Master and presented the leaf to her.

"This tells me you know who you summoned.  Still, I am Siegfried, Prince of Xanten, Keeper of the Nibelung's Treasure, Knight of the Burgandians,"  His voice built up to the end of his statement.  He held his imposing presence for only a few moments before sighing and relaxing his shoulders.  "And I am not a fan of these overindulgent titles.  I am relieved that my Master isn't a disappointment.  It will be an honor to fight by your side Celest."

He extended his hand to her.  The Grail gave him knowledge of this era and he believed this gesture was the correct one.  A gesture of greeting, but also a gesture of understanding.  It was not demeaning to either side and encouraged a small amount of physical intimacy.  He gave a small smile while they exchanged greetings.

"I think it would be wise if you continue to refer to me as Saber, Celest.  A Servant's identity is know their legend, their strengths and their weaknesses.  Revealing my identity to the enemy would forfeit one of my greatest strengths and greatest weaknesses.  The secret to my invulnerable armor is not something we want to spread."

He thought for a moment, the knowledge instilled in him giving him basic information about their circumstances in this war.  "I would only suggest openness of our secrets in the company of allies in a secure location.  It would foster cooperation between our teammates.  I can't say that I don't find the opportunity to converse with other heroes enticing too."
Siegfried Avatar

Siegfried
TEAM RED

Post by Celest Vermillion on Aug 10, 2014 15:33:32 GMT

i.imgur.com/OnZGKab.png
Celest nodded at his request "I am glad we are on the same page then, Siegfried." She commented. Her head held high as she spoke his name "Ah alright then Saber, you make a good point and I'll respect that decision." She commented, simply accepting that fact. 

She'd never even considered the fact that he would want to talk to other servants, and she supposed this war was probably different where they actually could. Well.. she supposed it was a lucky time for him. "Well, I think it might be best if we keep it a secret no matter what, you never truly know who's an enemy and who is not." She spoke, thinking of how her family should have been a friend but now she was fighting against them.

Celest didn't ever lose her composition though, not showing any heart break that she'd ever gotten in her past. This was war, and she would have time for feelings after the war was over and victory was in her grasp.

"Well.." She looked at her partner and nodded. "I suppose this is the start of a good partnership, I hope that we work well together Saber." She stood and held out her hand to him, hoping to shake it and that he'd be happy with her as his partner.

Post by Siegfried on Aug 13, 2014 19:09:52 GMT

Siegfried thought about her statement regarding not knowing who the enemy was.  He had merely assumed that because they were in a position to cooperate that they would.  He felt disappointment creep over him.  Perhaps he was too hopeful that all of the other Servants would be just as honorable as he was.  The thoughts left his head though.  There was a reason there were only three knight classes.

"You make a good point Celest.  I am accustomed to fighting alongside my fellow knights where we don't keep many secrets.  I would be the one to bring our downfall if I were so quick to trust."

He took glances at her while also looking around the chamber.  It was something to distract him from his thoughts.  He hardly took notice of his Master's statement.  The heartbreak, the sadness.  It was all well concealed.  Not even he could read her well enough to discern that she spoke from a horrible experience rather than caution.

He focused back on her as she spoke to him.  She held out her hand and he firmly shook it to complete the gesture.  "Agreed.  May our honor shine true and bring us victory."

Siegfried Avatar

Siegfried
TEAM RED
Quick Reply