cobwebs. [peach]

Post by Teele Gabel on Jul 27, 2014 22:04:00 GMT

[attr="class","pork"]
MASTER OF RED RIDER
TEELE GABEL
[attr="class","buns"]Duty bound and firmly loyal to the Gabel family's cause, perfection and excellence is only to be expected of Teele, given that it runs in his blood. He's taking part in the war not only to uphold the family name, but also to make a name for himself in order to stand next to his predecessors.

Though ruthless and prideful on the battlefield, Teele suffers from nervous anxiety and insecurities that are the result of lofty expectations, with promises of harsh consequences if he doesn't live up to them(his disgraced father, for example). Like most Gabel, he lives for the adrenaline of competition and winning, so he's very dedicated to obtaining the Grail at all costs, but there's a small part of Teele that deviates and wants something more. However, duty tells him to put on a stoic mask for the war, bottling up his fears inside(the only emotion Teele has truly felt, over and over again).

Crest-wise, his specialty is elemental affinity, which includes manipulating the weather, healing and offensive projections, among others. Teele has practically zero defensive capabilities, but his servant, Hua Mulan, is one of the best tanks out there. They're basically a fantastic pair, but not so much on their own.

FRIENDS; Teele doesn't exactly do 'friends', seeing as they get in the way of his duty, one way or the other. Being prideful also carries an air of arrogance, and competition-wise, Teele is completely oblivious to anything but winning. I imagine any potential friends to stem from allies or acquaintances of red faction.
ENEMIES; Black faction members, but strictly from a business standpoint. Teele hates because he has to, not because he feels actual hatred(or any emotion, for that matter) towards anyone. Any other enemies would probably be one-sided, since his personality is a major turnoff to most.
LOVERS; ....No? If you have any ideas, throw them at me, but it'll be tough and rocky, even if a relationship could be started.
OTHER; The only thing I can think of is more Gabel family members, but any and all ideas are welcome!
[newclass=.pork]width: 100px; display: block;padding: 10px; text-align: center; font-family: courier new;font-size: 10px;[/newclass][newclass=.pork img]border-radius: 50px;[/newclass][newclass=.buns]padding: 10px; height: 150px; display: block; width: 300px; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; margin: 10px 0px;[/newclass]
Teele Gabel Avatar

Teele Gabel

Post by Nadia Brand on Aug 3, 2014 16:52:48 GMT

Okay, so Nadia's also from a pretty significant family with a lot of expectations, but she's... kind of gone in a different direction and is a fail magus--but she's really good at hitting things with swords. He would've been one of her upperclassmen at the Clock Tower (if he attended there at all), but he would've known her as pretty much exactly as described: fail magus heir to a big family.

She's also kind of an idiot, but she follows orders, and if Teele's judgment seems sound, she'd be perfectly content to work with/for him. This assumes that he stays honorable! She'd ditch him if he ever goes crooked.

...I also think an arranged marriage between the two might be a hilarious option.

As for my other characters, I think Caster is trying to assess the situation, so I'm keen on getting her threading with everyone. At the same time, I can't really promise any specific plots since she dies Day 2.

Ruler is looking out for all them adorable masters, so she's likely to deliver cookies at some point.

Altai is a black master that he might encounter at some point. He's more likely to have known Altai's brother Batu, who was supposed to be a master and died during the summoning ritual. Batu would also have been highly competitive and about the same age as Teele, so it might be fun if Teele and Batu happened to be archnemeses/friends/rivals/what-have-you? Might be interesting for you to thread out finding out about the guy dying for nothing, anyway. Idk.
Nadia Brand Avatar

Nadia Brand
TEAM RED
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
I play Ying Zhemg, Li Xin, Wang Ben, Marcos Amuro, Luca Barany, Kiritsugu Emiya-Yggdm., and Jin.

Post by Teele Gabel on Aug 3, 2014 19:01:53 GMT

haha I think an arranged marriage would the absolute funniest thing! It would probably annoy Teele that she took the path that she did but I think that he would also be willing to get along with her due to the fact that she's so loyal to the mage's association and therefore, honorable/duty bound on top of the fact that they're engaged through his&her family. Teele attended the clock tower, yeah, so it helps that they already know each other, somewhat. Mostly, I see Teele agreeing because he's so insecure about straying/becoming dishonorable, and trusts nadia to keep him on the right path when/if he ever wavers.

I'm totally up for the arranged marriage idea, but like tanz said, should they already be married by the time the magus association starts scouting for masters to participate in the grail war? I imagine if it was something to do with duty, teele would try and get it out of the way as soon as possible, but i'm not sure how nadia would feel about that. What do you think/should we thread out anything beforehand, or just assume they're already married/engaged by the time the meeting thread happened?

I'd be up for a quick thread with Caster, although I'm not sure what they would talk about. Would it just be a general overview of Teele's viewpoints/standings on his role as a master of red faction + maybe something about his servant? I think Caster's already met with Rider, hasn't she?

As for Altai, they're bound to run into each other at some point during the course of the war, and I do see Teele and Batu having the potential to be rivals if they knew each other, and Teele would be really disappointed that the guy died during a summoning ritual, of all things. I don't know how exactly they would meet up, though? Would it be sometime outside of the actual fighting since they're on opposite sides?
Teele Gabel Avatar

Teele Gabel

Post by Catharsis on Aug 4, 2014 3:43:33 GMT

Yeah, they can already be married. As for why there are no babies yet, uhhh, I think Nadia's blood pressure is too low and Teele's is too high for babymaking. Or they at least wanted to wait until Nadia actually earns her stripes as an enforcer, and now they should probably wait until after the grail war. Alternatively, the marriage was recently arranged, and they're holding off now because of the grail war.

Either way, I think Nadia's attitude towards the whole thing is similar to Teele's. The family wants you to marry? Alright then. Besides for her habit of running in before asking questions (running in is the question!), I think they're pretty compatible. They're honorbound to make this marriage work, so this marriage will work so help me god.

Caster's already met Rider, and she's making Rider a minor noble phantasm to use as a weapon, since uhhh I think Mulan's plan was to actually just punch people. She'd definitely want to gauge his loyalty, his leadership qualities, strengths/weaknesses, etc. I think in general she sees Team Red as a toolbox, and she wants to familiarize herself with the tools at hand. Caster's been a little bit busy, but if it's a short conversation, she could talk to him at any day, in England for the earlier days or in Taixuan for Day 0/1.

I think Altai has spent the days before the war holed up with the Grail, and he probably will stay there for another few days. That being said, Hector can drag him outside for a battle or two whenever? Outside of a battle, they can run into each other in town. I'm not sure Altai would recognize him, but Teele would at least be able to identify another master. (Altai is too shitty of a magus to notice another magus.)
Catharsis Avatar

Catharsis
STAFF

Post by Teele Gabel on Aug 6, 2014 16:02:53 GMT

That sounds great! Yeah teele would definitely prioritize the grail war over having a baby, with the marriage being so recent, like you said. It's nice that they're compatable, even though since his family wanted him to marry teele would do anything to keep it in tact anyways, haha.

Should they have a quick thread, sometime? I'm not sure if Teele would want her to see him off the battlefield because of his insecurities but it might be interesting. At the same time, I'm also not sure what they would really talk about besides the grail war + maybe family, since they both come from large magus families with an emphasis on honor/duty.

Similarly, since they're married, I think that ups Teele's trust for Caster a lot as well, so he'd be willing to answer any questions she has, or just have a conversation with her in general without being overly arrogant or paranoid. I'm okay with taixuan day 0, when Teele would probably be trying to familiarize himself with most of Red team members before the actual grail war starts. Do you want me to start?

yeah he would, haha, I think it'd be interesting if they reconnected somewhere in town, then met each other in a battle sometime later? If Altai doesn't realize Teele's a magus then he'll definitely realize it then, and if Teele didn't realize that Altai's a black master(and i don't think he would?) he'd be able to see it then?
Teele Gabel Avatar

Teele Gabel

Post by Luciel 'Tier' Fraoude on Aug 13, 2014 2:36:27 GMT

Hey! I'm snoody, Teele's snoody. How could this go wrong? Seriously though, I think Luciel and Teele could get along since they both appear to be fairly traditional when it comes to a magus lifestyle and being the faces of their families. They could have more to talk about besides just this Grail War. Of course, Luciel will want to talk to him about the war too.
Ruler Avatar

Ruler
Quick Reply