the fool's laurel [tanz and the boy band]

Post by Ying Zheng on Jul 13, 2014 15:22:06 GMT

QIN SHI HUANG
Ying Zheng, more known as Qin Shi Huang, was the first emperor of China who united the land after 500 years of endless conflict. He's the Servant of the Yggdmillenia head but mostly operates on his own and guards the Holy Grail located beneath Ningwu. Though possessing several Noble Phantasms, he is not suited for combat and unlike other Casters, he has no knowledge of magecraft. Zheng is the epitome of a king who rules from the throne and spreads his power through his militia.

Allegiance.
Zheng's interest is the interest of his country. Even should he have the desperate desire to attain the Grail, Zheng is unlikely to put that before China. Given this, you can guess that the Black Faction, who stole the Grail and brought the war here, is his worst enemy. That doesn't mean that he intends to outright betray the Black Faction and surrender the Grail to the other side. Though it's the Black Faction to blame, Zheng has no choice but to rely on a side he could trust to be his allies for now. He will play the role of the observer until he can distinguish friend from foe. The grail is a powerful item. Zheng wouldn't want it to fall on the wrong hands, including his own Master's. In general? You can trust Zheng to be one of the good guys.

Historical interpretation.
If you're not familiar with Chinese history or haven't looked him up in the wikipedia, then you should know that Zheng was known as a mad tyrant who hungered for power and immortality and ruthlessly executed his enemies. It's only partially true. Zheng was ruthless. It was something demanded of him if he wanted to accomplish the dreams of kings, but he was also merciful and benevolent. Unfortunately, this was understandably overshadowed by his aggressive reforms in his urgent pursuit to ending long-term issues in one generation. Zheng was determined to spill all the blood now than have to spill twice of that in the future.

But that was not the sole reason. The other half was that he did become mad. Mad as in crazy. His meals was spiked with an alchemist's concoction believed to extend lifespan, but its primary ingredient, mercury, obviously does the opposite. After five years, it took a toll on him. It's not what made him go crazy, but it's what made him mentally unstable, leading him to breaking under pressure until he couldn't take it anymore.

He can still go crazy now, jsyk.

Boy band.
One of Zheng's Noble Phantasms gives him an entire army and they're not limited inside a Reality Marble. He can raise 10, 000 men here and now and probably take over the world. Fortunately, he's Lawful Good and Ruler can just out-hax him or something. Zheng's army is more of a plot-thingy. Other than that, he'll only have a handful of his generals - familiars - moving around. They have their owns apps and accounts since they're Zheng's main muscle. 

Zheng's familiars are more human than Servant. They have their own physical bodies, which are Noble Phantasms themselves. They don't need to eat or sleep, but they can't go in spirit form or anything. Zheng would have to "deactivate" them and then put them away. They still "die" through the usual methods.

MENG WU - This guy is the only person who I can think will fight and be killed. Wu is going to be the familiar Zheng is going to use until someone kills him off. Looking forward to that part. Before that though, I'd like Wu to fight someone with an army. Gotta show off those skills first before dying. 

MENG TIAN - Zheng's personal secretary most trusted subject. Tian is played by Vira and pretends to be Zheng's master. If you want to plot with him, you'd have to talk to Vira about him, though I'd be involved by default as well lol. 

LI XIN - Zheng's best friend. Xin's NP makes him very handy for recon. He might be mentioned in posts and be actively running around already, but I might not RP him yet. Plots can definitely be made with him though to build up for his actual appearance. Overarching stories! I guess if I'm short on characters I can play (Zheng being an observer, Wu not exactly a social person), Xin can step in for some threads.

WANG BEN - Zheng's trump card. Sorta. He's not going to come out yet until Wu dies or if absolutely necessary. Zheng is saving Ben, preferably when he wouldn't have to stay low anymore. Ben's going to ATTRACT attention. 

CHENG JIAO - Zheng's half-brother. You can plot with this guy, but honestly I just made him as a support for Zheng. He might have lines and his NP can be pretty useful in identifying Servants. 

Relationships / Bonds.
Whatever goes. Zheng's not one to open up easily and he's not going to be distracted taking care of a person, like being their friend or something. He's fighting a war. And Zheng never had the leisure to know what an ordinary life is anyway. He can definitely form bonds with others. Zheng is unable to express any sort of affection. He may be just contented being in your presence while reading a book. 

Zheng interacting with other Servants is obvious. Interacting with humans though - that'd be cool too. I suppose it's more likely with the other Masters of the Black Faction. Fortunately, it's not hard to find Zheng lol. And he and his Master aren't together either.

Others.
If you want to run into a fight, I'm up to it. I have many ways for it lol. Zheng is going to focus on building his territory then I think he might tour around the town.

Thread ideas.
tba  

Ying Zheng Avatar

Ying Zheng
TEAM BLACK

Post by Ying Zheng on Jul 13, 2014 15:23:00 GMT

[attr="class","pork"]
LI XIN
[attr="class","buns"]This is Xin, closest friend of the emperor. He comes from a family of warriors but is a peasant guy at heart. He likes to drink and fight, but even that kind of life got tiring for him. Just fighting is not enough - it has to be challenging and with meaning. Xin is a simple-minded guy who seems like a complete fool on the outside, but once you know more of you, you know he's the real deal. He has the experience of a general and the lives of those that had passed on his shoulder and on his weapon. Xin retired to become a family man. He used to swing wooden swords and dream like a little boy, too.
[attr="class","pork"]
WANG BEN
[attr="class","buns"]Ben is the opposite of Xin. A noble and a military man through and through, Ben seeks nothing but executing his flawless skill in battle. It is his pride and proof as a man of the Wang family. However, he too understands the noble sacrifices made in the battlefield. He does not treat life so little, but he does chooses and judges them very harshly. He was an uptight man at the very end but he died thinking of the day his son, Wang Li, fell in battle.

Wang Ben will often speak in traditional Chinese, because he thinks it's the perfect language while the modern one is completely wrong. He's very elitist.

Ben also has a personal goal in this war. While the others are contented just serving Zheng (which Ben will do professionally), he wants something out of the Grail as well. Above all things, Ben is frustrated that he has not been summoned as a Servant.
[attr="class","pork"]
MENG TIAN
[attr="class","buns"] /redirects at vira's plot page
[newclass=.pork]width: 100px; display: block;padding: 10px; text-align: center; font-family: courier new;font-size: 10px;[/newclass][newclass=.pork img]border-radius: 50px;[/newclass][newclass=.buns]padding: 10px; height: 150px; display: block; width: 300px; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; margin: 10px 0px;[/newclass]
Ying Zheng Avatar

Ying Zheng
TEAM BLACK
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
I play Ying Zhemg, Li Xin, Wang Ben, Marcos Amuro, Luca Barany, Kiritsugu Emiya-Yggdm., and Jin.
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
I play Ying Zhemg, Li Xin, Wang Ben, Marcos Amuro, Luca Barany, Kiritsugu Emiya-Yggdm., and Jin.

Post by Tanz on Aug 4, 2014 12:10:39 GMT

SOMEONE IS ACTUALLY IN MY PLOTTER

Can Lemuel keep a secret? Since is going to be hanging inside the shrine too and Zheng would like to keep his privacy, I think if it's just Lemuel who knows Zheng's existence, it's fine. The whole thing is really just one chamber but with Zheng's territory creation, I was thinking he'd be able to make more rooms or something, which only he can manipulate. Altai is likely not to notice given his lack of magus training. He might just be in the real room and be ignorant of the other phantom rooms around.

He might reveal to himself just as a "spirit" protecting the chamber. Zheng's curious about Lemuel too. At the back of his mind, he'd like to have him as a piece too in this war. He's going to use him, yeah, but not in a completely cold and cruel way. Zheng's going to treat and care for Lemuel as he would with any human being. For example, being Lawful Good in the end, I doubt Zheng is going to betray Lemuel should he have a change of mind in just accepting his destiny. He'll protect him, even if it means waging war with his only allies.

So thinking of side-story-kind-of stuff? They would talk when they meet. Learn more and talk vaguely as they do.

Oh and given the true connection between Tian and Zheng, obviously he's able to keep an eye on Lemuel from two sides. 
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC

Post by Altai-Erdene Nergülgiin on Aug 4, 2014 13:07:30 GMT

Yeah, Altai doesn't notice shit. Like, he probably DOES notice that there's some magic going on, but he'll assume its just a regular defensive boundary field or something. He can't tell the difference.

ETA: I assumed he's staying in a real room. As a master, he actually can identify Zheng as a servant if he sees him. It's okay though. He really doesn't care and won't mention it to anyone unless specifically asked about it (and then, if Zheng is still in hiding, Altai would just refuse to give helpful answers because he's a dick).
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC

Post by Lemuel Yggdmillenia on Aug 5, 2014 3:49:40 GMT

Lemuel is able to keep a secret. The only reason I could ever see him blurting it out is if he's held against his own will by the other team to give out the details of what is going on in the black team of course. Save your own skin by selling out the other team always works! (You know, except if they still plan on using you to save their own.)

ANYWAYS, let's go for it. 

MORE FRIENDSHIPS.

and it would be funny if Lemuel comes to understand what it's like to be human eventually and value his life beyond the grail. 
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
Quick Reply