a little light music

Post by Julie d'Aubigny on Aug 7, 2014 4:32:57 GMT

Assassin was utterly perplexed by her radio. Well, it wasn’t exactly her radio, but the fellow she’d swiped it from hadn’t seemed to mind. She had been extremely excited to enjoy the popular music of this new era, but she was certain after an hour or so of listening that she was hearing the same three songs repeated over and over again – just with different lyrics. That was incredibly strange. Perhaps the people had fallen so in love with this particular chord progression that they’d gone and applied it to everything. The appeal was, unfortunately, lost on Julie.

But she would attempt to make these songs her own all the same.
Darling, you’re a fiiiiiiirework…!” She repeated after the recording.

She was fairly certain that wasn’t the lyric, but there was something so fundamentally unsettling to her about referring to a lover as “baby”. Of course it wasn’t meant to be taken literally, but when had it become in any way alluring to imply that you wanted to make love to an infant.

Mon dieu. This is disgraceful.” She muttered, switching the radio off. This next meeting of hers would need to go without theme music.

She had heard it through the grapevine that another of her costars was to make an appearance here at some point. Julie, of course, would welcome him. This war was moving so incredibly slowly that she was finding all sorts of time to get to know the cast, and while she was certain that it would ultimately make her performance better, she had yet to forge any truly exciting relationships with anyone but Amaury. That would need to change.

Placing the radio down on the grass before her, she began to hum to herself. She’d need something to get that racket out of her head. The setting was almost enough to do it. There was something almost poetic about the way the sun shone through the trees in this particular spot. You could write a thousand word novel on the subject.

Well. Someone could. She didn’t have time.

Julie d'Aubigny Avatar

Julie d'Aubigny
TEAM BLACK

Post by Hector of Troy on Aug 9, 2014 7:04:00 GMT

It was a day before the War was scheduled to start in full, and honestly, Rider just needed some quiet. He had made his excuses to his Master, though Altai had never seemed very interested in his Servant’s daily activities. In fact, he had seemed incredibly annoyed about being woken up before the sun rose. Hector thought it courteous just to check.

Over the two days he had come to know them, the woods around the Yggdmilennia base of operations had become somewhat familiar. Hector had left in the guise of a patrol, but there was nothing out there to watch anyway. He had ended up walking and mulling over thoughts of war, past and present, thinking back to the documentary he had seen the previous afternoon. For a man that had lived and breathed war in his own time, Hector found himself strangely in the dark when it came to modern warfare. Watching warplanes and machine guns had made him feel old (he was), even in a youthful body. Outside of the Grail War, the practice chucking spears and hacking enemies to pieces had long since been abandoned. It was a simpler time.

Of all of the modern marvels he had encountered in the past few days, however, modern music was one of the worst, and the Grail had warned him nothing about it. Honestly, he felt a little betrayed. Where had all the poets gone, with their silky voices and tales of noble heroism? A respectful poet would not pierce the silence of the morning with their cacophony. Even as the music was suddenly cut off, Hector tracked it to its source, intent on ending the racket at the point of his spear.

Instead, he came face to face with one whom he could only assume to be another Servant. A quick analysis conjured up the name, Assassin, though Rider had honestly not given her much thought before. Assassins were not a group that he wished to associate with, but it would be unspeakably rude to pretend he had not seen her and continued on his way. He was, after all, in plain sight.

“I did not expect to see another Heroic Spirit awake so early in the day. I thought Assassins preferred the night.” She did not appear to be an entirely usual assassin, however. She was even humming, and that was unnerving. No professional killers should hum. Still, it wouldn’t do to be rude, especially to a lady. “Forgive my manners,” he began, allowing his Noble Phantasm to dissolve into a mist of red prana. “I am Rider, if you have not already guessed.” Hector shifted his weight, glancing back at the hated radio. “And I thank you for killing that radio, you have saved me the trouble of ending its reign of disruptive noise.”

Hector of Troy Avatar

Hector of Troy
TEAM BLACK

Post by Shikhandi on Aug 9, 2014 14:36:41 GMT

Everywhere, the smell of morning air was the same.

Archer strolled among the trees, walking as silent as a fallen leaf touching a wet grasses. Her scarf was flowing slowly behind her, caressed by the warm wind, and her golden hair kept changing light as they moved along with her gentle steps, reflecting the rays of the morning sun. She did not carry her bow at that time, having left it in the immaterial realm, but still the peacefulness of her figure was marred slightly be the solemn look in her face.

She was deep in contemplation.

The fresh scents of the trees were refreshing, however, and Archer greatly enjoyed this little relaxing walk. She meandered her way through the tree trunks, stepping and hopping on her rough path as easily as if she was walking on a lobby. The flora here was similar yet slightly different than the ones she had known in her time. Here it was a little…dry. And slightly cooler to the touch. But it did not give any strange feeling to Archer, one who had consistently travelled far from her home, and she had in fact stopped and picked two stalks of flowers that seemed interesting to her, intending to put them as decoration for their bleak rooms in the castle.

And as a morning bird chirped with a voice she hadn’t heard before, Archer’s thoughts ran briefly to her past. To a time when she had enjoyed morning walks like this and had picked flowers for her room just like this. At that time she wasn’t lonely. Two joyful laughter always chimed with her own, laughter whose genuineness she never heard again in her life. Even right now, ages past, she could still feel them walking beside her, giggling and chattering and comparing the flowers they had picked between their own…

Which was when she heard another voice singing in the air.

Archer slowed down as she listened to the phantom voice. It was a female’s voice…a song. Accompanied by a repeating rhythm that rolled over and over again. And what was being sung… The singer sung for a friend of hers it seems. Archer had heard master Heike referring to her beloved ones as ‘Baby’. This friend of hers owned the night, or in other words, passed away, at the Fourth of July. And she told her friend to be a fire-work, and to burst in color as people oooh-oohed at the passing...

Archer’s eyes widened. Who would’ve thought to make a song about as solemn subject as Sati? And in such a light-hearted tone? It was quite infuriating to hear the lack of seriousness in there…

But the song stopped abruptly. Edging closer to a clearing among the trees, she then saw the source of the voice. It wasfrom a radio, the item that she had known about but never personally witnessed. Neither Master Heike nor Master Eli seemed to care much about electronic devices. The owner of the radio was a tall female with light-haired long hair, seemingly bored by the morning scenery. Beside her, was a tall handsome male that seemed to have just recently arrived as well, addressing the lady in a casual manner.

Archer had seen the pink-haired woman before during the first meeting. She was an ally Servant, Assassin. And the man that was addressing her must be Rider, one of the Servants that most intrigued Archer. Rider was certainly a great hero in his days, having such physique and commanding presence it would not be hard to tell that he had accomplished great deeds when he was alive. Yet, from that look in his eyes, from the way he carried himself and how he addressed things, he reminded Archer of someone else in her life who had acted in similar ways. The way of someone that once had everything but in the end realized that he had accomplished nothing, his deeds ultimately useful not for his person.

She blinked her eyes to disperse the image. Please stop.

As silently as she came, Archer stepped out of the trees and into the clearing, the bright colors of her dress and her golden hair shone brilliantly under the full light of the sun. She might have look a little intimidating even if she was shorter than the two, with her clear brown eyes set in seriousness and her lips cut straight. But she attempted to look casual. Her movements, then, were very relaxed. She clasped her hands in front of her chest in a form of salute, lighter than one she used for Master Heike, and addressed the two Servants.

“Greetings,” She started, hoping that one of them had noticed her approaching so as to not be too surprised at hearing her voice. She nodded at Rider but focused her attention at Assassin, “My apologies if presence interrupted your conversation, Assassin, but I heard a song from that radio before,” she pointed at the radio with her thumb, “And I wonder whether you still have a need for it? It would be nice for me to be able to hear the end of that song.”

She could’ve just said “Can I borrow your radio for a while?” But such direct request was never in Archer’s choice of words. That was how she was brought up.

Except, of course, when she shouted orders in the battlefield.
Shikhandi Avatar

Shikhandi
TEAM BLACK
Quick Reply