MALE
MASTER
BLACK
LAWFUL EVIL
VERTIGO
[attr="class","field"]
[attr="class","blackheading"]BACKGROUND
"my name is john."

yuehan inherited the command seals from his deceased grandfather after making a contract with the berserker of black. he rose from the death of the battlefield, and assumed the identity of a man named john. now the master of berserker of black, john is left to wander the streets as a man in a suit of armor, while inside, yuehan wonders why exactly his grandfather had chose to defect from the mage's association.

a while ago, the du family was a prestigious magus family who had the honor of serving as a part of the hundred mages. they numbered about twelve in total, and all but yuehan were slaughtered in the battle of the hundred mages.

this betrayal had naturally soured the du family's relationship with the mage's association. one thing led to another, and it resulted in the elimination of the remaining six members of the family. for yuehan, there was only one way out: to fight for yggdmillenia, as his grandfather had willed. being the master of the berserker of black was an added bonus.
[attr="class","field"]
[attr="class","redheading"]PERSONALITY
decisive, but not necessarily cold-hearted, yuehan was raised to honor the family and his elders, to place them before his own wishes and needs and to continuously uphold the family name. yuehan is obedient, and does as he is told.

after the hundred mage incident, he still acts in the best interest of his family -- which is, at the moment, to survive. a natural actor because of his major in chinese opera, assuming the role of john isn't much of a problem for him. as john, he comes off as someone who is genuinely concerned for the yggdmillenia cause. he is always willing to lend a hand to those who needs it, be it genuine advice or brutal violence.

while his actions appear selfless, they are almost always geared towards the greater good -- at whatever cost it takes. his intention, other than seeing team black to victory, is to gain the grail for himself and stop the war once and for all.
[attr="class","field"]
[attr="class","blackheading"]COMBAT
  • DU CREST: BLOOD MANIPULATION. what it says on the tin. he can manipulate and reshape blood from an open wound on his body into a weapon, projectile, or shield. for obvious reasons, using too much of this crest will result in blood loss, severe blood loss, and then death. for the record, 70% of his family's crest holders died because of crest abuse. he has no intention of committing the same mistake, especially when he hasn't mastered the crest.
  • ENHANCED BLOOD REPLENISHMENT. thank god for this, because otherwise he's fucked. still, given the fact that his body doesn't make blood out of thin air, he needs prana and nutritious foods, especially foods rich in protein, to help regenerate his cells.
  • IMMUNE SYSTEM DEFICIENCY. yeah, we're still not done with blood. basically, using his crest means that he's going to lack white blood cells, and as a result, he becomes more susceptible to illnesses. if he's got a cold, he's probably going to take a while to recover.
  • MAGIC CIRCUITS. he has thirty. that's pretty good for someone from the du family, but that's what he says. you probably can't tell if he's telling the truth, because everyone else is dead and gone. he has to dedicate at least seven of them to help himself recover from blood lost via crest usage.
  • SUIT OF ARMOR AND A NAGINATA. "big guy in a suit of armor. take that off, what are you?" magus, survivor, master, martial artist. (it's a pretty normal suit of armor. it's also a normal naginata.)
  • SURVIVOR. he's the last guy standing in his family. to put it simply: he doesn't want to die. it means that he'll probably fight very defensively, and not resort to his crest unless the situation desperately calls for it.
[newclass=.field]border:#e3e3e3 5px solid;text-align:justify;background-color:#6e6e6e;color:#e3e3e3;margin:4px;padding:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.charicon]background-color:#0D0D0D;color:#e3e3e3;padding:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.charname]color:#f7f7f7;font-family:'lobster';font-size:26px;border-bottom: #C72838 solid 5px;[/newclass][newclass=.charinfo]margin: 0px 0px 10px 50px; font-size: 20px; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.blackheading]background-color:#0D0D0D;color:#e3e3e3;padding:5px;font-weight:bold;font-size:12px;margin-bottom:5px;text-align:center;font-family:courier new;[/newclass][newclass=.redheading]background-color:#C72838;color:#e3e3e3;padding:5px;font-weight:bold;font-size:12px;margin-bottom:5px;text-align:center;font-family:courier new;[/newclass][newclass=.stat]width:150px;display:inline-block;[/newclass]
Du Yuehan Avatar

Du Yuehan

Post by Tanz on Aug 16, 2014 0:23:45 GMT

Pending
Thanks for applying to Catharsis! We think your character's great for the site, but there's a few things we'd like to see:

1. How strong are the things he project from his blood? I'm going to assume it's not just blood being shaped into something and that it has some sort of fortification so that a stone isn't going to get right pass through it. Can it block magic to an extent too? (I would recommend it does if it doesn't; it's looking mightily weak to me that I'm not even surprised all his family died.)

2. Although I know it's just a gimmick, maybe it would be better if you put some other reason about the suit of armor and naginata. If he's playing "hide my death yo" maybe the armor could be magically protected from some minor spells and maybe helps from his identity to being seen. It sounds like something the Du would need considering how fragile they are.

3. Have you talked to Notan about the background? The events sound vague which is fine as long as you have ran it through Notan considering the unique circumstance involving his character. 
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
I play Ying Zhemg, Li Xin, Wang Ben, Marcos Amuro, Luca Barany, Kiritsugu Emiya-Yggdm., and Jin.
Quick Reply