Sunset picking through the clothes lines

Post by Heike Fullmann on Aug 1, 2014 18:00:56 GMT

i.imgur.com/LA9t3as.png
Heike's lips were pushed together as she stared at her circle on the ground. Her intense blue eyes making sure everything was okay, matching the books in her head. She'd run through this a thousand times in her head, but this was the real thing and her heart wouldn't stop beating so fast. This is what Heike enjoyed about magic, the excitement of her result. The speed of her heart, the way the world seemed still as the spell began. 

She backed up, and adjusted her witch hat, and patted down her clothes, her dresses making her look like a real witch. She certainty had taken up the witch of the vally role once she was given such a title. A little sigh escaped her lips as she hoped to calm down her heart, as much as she loved the feeling of excitement she couldn't afford to mess this one up, this one her father would be mad at her if she did. 

Ignoring his watchful eyes she was sure to only focus on herself, not that he was speaking a word to her. Her father liked to inform her of her mistakes after she made them, and if she made none, there were no words she'd just walked out. At least then, she knew that he would be pleased. 

So, she took the catalyst, a long stick, honestly to Heike it didn't seem that special, but apparently it was. Still, she set it down where it was supposed to go, and took a deep breath. Making another attempt to stare at the circle, hoping everything was right.

Finally, she felt the world go still as her hand lifted up to the circle her eyes focused on it and then.. the words came out. Slow, but confident, making sure everything was pronounced clearly and profoundly as though she was making a speech.

(Ah I'm bad at summoning spell words? Anyway, I hope this works for you, her dad and his assistant are there just so you know. -  and maybe I think?)
Heike Fullmann Avatar

Heike Fullmann
TEAM BLACK

Post by Amba on Aug 2, 2014 14:57:11 GMT

Footsteps were echoing in the night...

“You go there! I’ll go here! Quick!”

...three...

“Wha- Guh‼”

“This for your treachery! You despicable Pandavas!”

...three, when everyone else was asleep.

“....! What? You aren’t asleep..!?”

A figure was sitting outside the tent, knees bent as two slender arms wrapped around them. The moonlight shone brightly that night, its silvery fingers spreading on that little clearings among the rugged tents. Bathed by the rays of the night, the figure’s golden hairs seemed to glow majestically in the dark. And when they waved slightly as the head turned around it was almost as they had live of their own, a being of light trapped inside strands of mortality.

And two clear brown eyes stared below that light, two cold gems piercing at the one who just entered the tent from the other side.

Strangely, the voice then held no surprise at all.

“Oh...I thought who would sneak into our camp this late at night.... It was you, Ashwattama.”

“...I...”

The figure seemed to pay no heed. Those two gems’ glow died off, and they promptly disappeared as they turned back to look into the sky, leaving the golden strands to face the confused man on the other side.

“Just so you know, I haven’t been asleep ever since I face him that day.”

The man moved slightly, remembering that grand battle where Shiva himself intervened. His best general fell that day, and the consequences of that battle and the gross misconduct shown there had far-reaching consequences to either of the opposing party.

And it may have led to this night. The night when the Pandavas finally won.

His fist clenched.

“You may be one of the most powerful warrior in Kurukshetra, but if you ever think of stopping me I will...”

“I didn’t say I would stop you”.

His eyes was widened in amazement. The figure’s head tilted to the right, face still staring at the sky.

“You have come this far...You were even able to sneak into our camp...Why should I stop you?”

“...Why? Why, because it’s the Dharma of Ksathriya to...”

At that time the figure tightened. The back that was lax until now suddenly tensed.

“Dharma...Why should we care about dharma...?”

There was an uneasy silence that followed the words. The man fidgeted, unsure of what he should do next and when. All the while, the figure stood there with back erect, not acknowledging the man with even a stare.

But acknowledged him with words instead.

“Do what you must.”

It was as if a curtain was closing slowly upon her vision. The stars that was abundant until now died one by one, leaving only two light shining on the little part of the sky that hadn’t been enveloped by the darkness yet. Her perception changed. The cold weary night became warmer, enveloping her in a strange yet pleasant sense of warmth. Even her hearing changed. What once was a whistling gale of dry wind now became little more than a whisper, tiptoeing through her mind leaving nothing worthy behind.

Except some words, resonating through the empty air.

“What you’ve been seeking your whole life is the same. Only that you knew it by a different name.”

“What I’ve been seeking....You called it The Holy Grail?”

“Yes. The epitome of love. The purest, unselfish love that saved mankind from their own sins.”

“...Just like the legend. It can grant mine...”

“Sure.”

“...What should I do to obtain it? Even if I have been seeking it my whole life... Even that wasn’t enough. I don’t have much time left before...”

“...The most important thing...is that you aren’t dead yet.”

“I can still obtain it...before I die...?”

“Sure. Now, do we have a deal?”

She could feel it. The familiar tugging. The strange feeling. The sense that she was being sucked into an unknown abyss.

Again.

Her heart was burning with determination. Her mind was set, as her body slowly crumbled and disintegrated into nothingness. Rather than being made complete, she was instead being pulled apart and then reconstructed again to better suit the situation she would be in. She still remembered her self, her accomplishments, the wretched existence that she had called her life. She was reminded of her vow. Her reckless determination. Her failures. And in the end she had the painful realization that she had accomplished nothing.

But along with those familiar thoughts there were inserted another thoughts, thoughts that, for her, both strange and fascinating. She had a glimpse of the place, of a place far eastern that she had been her whole life. There were new systems and new languages, and how the world was running now was far more different then when she had lived. Yet they were seamlessly integrated to her, as if she has always had those thoughts even before she was born.

And softly, even less than a flash, there came a slight feeling that with the summoning of Archer, all Seven Servants were completed.

She gripped her bow tight.

Suddenly, the circle exploded with light.

Fingers of lightning cris-crossed from the circle, zapping and running wild as they exploded in thousand different colors. The air around the room whirled, turning and spinning in a frenzied vortex as it became a howling whirlwind, encircling the marked ground with its mighty force. In the center of the light and air, right inside the circle, a figure was slowly being formed. Like a murky water that left its substance and became clearer little by little, so was the figure somehow being clearer with every second it took. The mark of the circle pulsated, glowing brighter and brighter, and as the light and the wind became so strong it was almost unbearable the circle gave one last mighty glow and promptly died down, its light flickered for a while before finally died out.

And in the center of the circle stood a figure with long golden hair, her head adorned by a winged tiara. She wore a curious dress of white and blue, accented with a belt and a flowing red scarf that seemed to bleed from her neck. Gold bracelets shone from her wrists, and in her left hand she hold a golden bow that seemed to radiate a glow of its own. The only protection she had was a green shoulder pad on her left hand, but a slight glance at her form told anyone that she would rarely need it.

And no one would be fooled. Because even though her figure radiated beauty and elegance, from the way she moved herself it was evident that she was a tool made for war.

Presently, she stepped out of the circle and clasped two hands on her forehead. It was a form of salute, and the one she was saluting towards was unmistakable. Her brown eyes stared directly at the blue-haired woman.

And the voice that came out from her lips was of utmost curiousness. For the voice was clear and light, a kind of voice that would not be out of place in little joyful talks in a grand ballroom. Yet the figure carried the voice in such a serious and heavy tone that the contrast was almost painful to hear. It was a gross mismatching, a complete waste of a voice that every human tried to avoid hearing.

Yet it existed. And the voice that rang through the room filled with rays of receding sun was one of both seriousness and melancholy.

“Servant Archer answered your call.”

She brought her hands down and lifted her face to see the blue-haired woman more clearly. It was evident from her expression that she had no expectations nor disillusionment through this act. For her, it was just that – a joyless, but required, act.

“I ask of you. Are you, my Master?”

________

Sorry for being too long! This is just an intro though so next posts won't be as long this!

And just realized that Melon is summoning two Servants at once, both Knight classes. Don't mix us up, Master! XD
Amba Avatar

Amba
TEAM BLACK

Post by Eli Roth Yggdmillenia on Aug 2, 2014 20:05:09 GMT

Truth be told, Eli wasn’t entirely sure what was going on. He had some vague understanding of it - something important was happening and people were fighting and they had to do a big spell to get a friend to help them.
Or something like that.

Squatting as he was off to the side, he was pretty easy to overlook in the darkness, despite his bizarre appearance. He had his head tilted quizzically as he watched the blue haired lady work, curious about the spell work being done. Never having been taught much proper magus knowledge, he had no idea what any of it meant or what any of it would do. Luckily, it seemed his use was simply to be present. The big family had somehow decided he was gonna help out Miss Heike, because he had so many circuits and lots of prana, and she would need it. Just thinking about it made his arms itch, but he resisted the urge to scratch at his gauze wrappings.

When everything started to glow and crackle, Eli’s mouth hung open as wide as his chained piercings would allow. Amazing! It was the prettiest thing he had ever seen! Lightning on the ground, and so many colors! Still staring in wonder, he grabbed his camera from it’s familiar spot on his chest, and began snapping pictures.
The pretty blond lady was definitely gonna go into the scrapbook! Hmm…he should take pictures of the pretty Miss Heike too. Then they could go on the same page! Thus the camera went off a few more times as the new Archer addressed her master, Eli otherwise oblivious to the gravity of the situation at hand.

Lol poor Shikhandi, so super serious and she's stuck with two goobers XD

Post by Heike Fullmann on Aug 3, 2014 18:26:17 GMT

i.imgur.com/LA9t3as.png
Heike saw her servant standing in front of her. It was a beautiful woman, that Heike honestly had to be a little jealous of but at the same time admired. She was obviously powerful, and Heike was surprised honestly. But she was also very happy, the way that she looked at it this servant was to be her friend. And.. she was a beautiful friend at that. It was pretty great. She smiled softly at Archer. Archer wasn't a bad class either right? Wasn't that a stronger one? She thinks maybe Beserker and Saber were stronger but third isn't bad! 

So, Heike ran over and wrapped her arms around her new-found friend and clung to her tightly. "Yes! I am your master, my name is Heike Fullmann, what is yours?" She asked excitedly. Still looking at Eli, she pointed to him "Oh, he's going to help out by like.. giving you prana and stuff. I hope that is fine with you? It should give us a pretty good advantage, don't you think?" She smiled happily, rambling on and on.

From behind her, she felt her father and his assistant leave, knowing that she had pleased him. It was up to her to do as she wanted now. Honestly, it made her kind of nervous to be alone with Archer, but she was sure it would be fine, right? She could take care of herself just as she always had!

Heike backed up and rocked back and fourth on her heels, finally pulling away from the hug. Honestly, she was just super happy with all of this, she now had TWO WHOLE FRIENDS. It'd been awhile since she had friends. And they weren't annoying little kids who went and broke her heart, which made it all the better! Right? They weren't going to hurt her, nope! They would keep her by their sides.

Heike Fullmann Avatar

Heike Fullmann
TEAM BLACK

Post by Amba on Aug 4, 2014 16:37:26 GMT

“....!”

Archer’s first reaction as Heike ran full tilt towards her was to ready herself for an attack. She stepped back a little as her arms tightened, and she nearly brought her bow towards her master when the intention finally became clear.

It was a...hug.

Archer just stood there slightly dumbfounded, as her new ‘master’ proceeded to shoot words after words at her, her arms in an awkward position between resisting and letting go. It was not that she did not appreciate a hug, while in reality she did, but when she stepped out of the circle she was fully expecting another battle that this development caught her completely unprepared. She nodded slightly.

“I-I understand...”

Her master did not even give her a chance to answer. With one last squeeze upon her body Heike stepped back and finally pulled herself from Archer, rocking back and forth on her heels.

Archer’s answers came swiftly then. She brought both of her hands on her forehead and saluted once more.

“As I have stated before, Master Heike, I am Servant Archer. Please call me as such.”

And with a whirl of her golden hair Archer turned to the side and approached the strange boy squatting on the periphery. It must have been a little daunting for the boy, seeing a radiant figure walking straight towards him, her clear brown eyes shining with the weight of intention.

Stopping just a comfortable distance in front of the boy, Archer bended slightly and clasped two hands in front of her chest. Rather than a salute, this was a form of greeting, the western equivalent of handshake. With hands clasped the other was supposed to stand and touched the other’s fingers with hands also clasped. Not firmly, just a little meeting of the tip of the fingers.

But since their heads would be bowed close, it would provide an ample opportunity for intimate eye contact. And Archer’s solemn expression did not help either.

“Then, you are my Master, too. May I have the honor of your name?”

And she ended it with a smile. Not impish, not happy, simply a light-hearted way of sprinkling politeness into her act.

Archer rose, turning back towards Heike who might still stood there watching. She addressed her again, this time her chiming voice a little relaxed, but with a touch of unsureness in there.

“I cannot offer you any contract, Master. Nor will I promise you my loyalty.”

She stared directly at Heike now, probing her thoughts. Her next words carried an air of finality. One wrong answer, and their participation in the war might end right then and there.

But then, her eyes were not as convincing as before. She was...almost ashamed of herself.

“But...I simply want us to trust in each other’s goodwill. Would that be enough for you, Master Heike?”

Nuuu its so hard for me to keep writing in a serious tone when what I really want is to put up a comedy right then and there! XD  I really wanted to break Shikhandi's callousness and make her the goober she really is. Buuuttt, character development got in the way.

@eli : lol. That's what I think make this combination interesting for my char! :D Paired with a proper, serious Master, they will just wait in the background and shower arrows at unsuspecting Servants. I have high hopes for Heike! :)

On a side note, if  Shikhandi can end up being the goober she really is, then I'll consider them true winner of the Grail XD
Amba Avatar

Amba
TEAM BLACK

Post by Eli Roth Yggdmillenia on Aug 13, 2014 19:08:16 GMT

i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/_Bluechan/Hidden%20FCs/Jasdero/32177036f.png
Eli visibly perked up when he was directly mentioned, simply giving an awkward half wave to the two women. Seemed things were off to a good start! Hugs were always good. Always. He took a picture of the hug before it ended, and decided that he had a pretty good batch of photos. He couldn’t wait to go print them and stick them in the scrapbook!

He was content to fiddle with his camera, forgotten on the sidelines, but that was not to be. When he glanced up, Miss Archer was bearing down on him in all her radiant glory. Startled, he squeaked awkwardly and instinctively tried to lean backward while still squatting - which just landed him on his rump.
What he ended up with was some sort of…uh…he wasn’t really sure what she was doing, but he wasn’t getting hurt so, it was probably good. He blinked up at her rapidly in confusion, still on the ground as he was.
“Eh? Eh?? Uh…um, okay Miss Archer. I’m Eli Roth Yggdmillenia.”

Master? That sounded important, and he definitely wasn’t that. He was rather relieved when Miss Archer turned her intense stare back to Miss Heike, and he relaxed and flopped onto his back. Blinking up at the stars, he listened to their conversation idly. Occasionally, he nodded to the whispers in his ear that nobody else could hear.

SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT OTL It's been a hectic couple of weeks ;3;

also, make Shikhandi reveal her inner goober? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Post by Heike Fullmann on Aug 18, 2014 1:34:13 GMT

i.imgur.com/LA9t3as.png
Heike did almost a sort of hop as everything went as planned. "This is going to be so much fun! I'm super excited!" She shouted spinning around, her robes flaring around her turning her into a tornado of to many colors that didn't quite match. "Okay okay~" She stepped back. Looking back and fourth between the two.

"Now that we all know each other I feel like we should do something together that will get the tension down, like play a game or something? Do either of you have a game you like in particular? I'll be honest I've never really had friends to play games with but I'd like to, so if you guys know of any that would be fun. Or maybe we could tell stories or something instead? Though then again I don't really..." Honestly her mouth was running a mile a minuet, suggestion after suggestion explaining why she wouldn't be able to do that very well because she didn't know how. 

Finally, Heike paused finishing with a simple "But I'm up for whatever, so." And a shrug, and then a deep breath. Even she had to breath every now and again, even though you wouldn't believe it after the speech that she just made. Still there was a big smile on her face and it was obvious that she was just in a very good mood now.

Heike Fullmann Avatar

Heike Fullmann
TEAM BLACK

Post by Shikhandi on Aug 19, 2014 17:55:30 GMT

i.imgur.com/6wiKPHu.jpg
The last thing Archer wanted was to make her Master fell on his back because of her. Seeing Eli fell backwards, she quickly stepped near him with a worried look in her face.

“Master Eli? Are you well?”

She extended her hand as wanting to help him stand. And for a while, the rigid solemn face of the warrior became more human, the face of a woman being worried.

But Master Eli seemed content, and so the visage passed. When she returned back towards Master Heike she was already a prim Servant again.

“But...I simply want us to trust in each other’s goodwill. Would that be enough for you, Master Heike?”

She nodded somewhat unsurely at her Master’s answer. By saying ‘it will be fun’ and ‘okay’ did she mean she agreed? For someone who was raised in the upper circle of courteous society full of decorum, Archer found casual answers such as Heike hard to understand. She needed a firm, steadfast answer that would not allow any second meaning.

Although if she was the one who answer, she would take the level higher so that she could circumvent the meaning itself. Archer was such a hypocrite.

But then, Master Heike started to barrage them with words. Archer, still standing near Master Eli, could only maintain her perfect posture and listened intently to what her Master had to say. Although in the middle of the expository she secretly tried to trade a glance with Master Eli to ask for his support. She was visibly hesitant, and overwhelmingly surprised by the casualness of her Master. Was her reason to be summoned this time was not for War?

Games…actually Archer knew some games from both end of the spectrum. What about Bekel, where girls used a small bouncy ball to pick up as many shells before the ball bounced back? Marbles she had played too, as well halma and congklak and seven stones , and also joining flowers to make the longest necklace without them snapping. But if Master Heike had meant games, then she had to find them a suitable bow and arrow to match her own. And an easier target too. She wondered whether there were small deers in this region.

Notes: No worries Blue! :D We're in here together. I hope everything went well.
Notes2: This is the last thing I'd expect for a Master to say XD  Really nice, Melon!
Shikhandi Avatar

Shikhandi
TEAM BLACK

Post by Eli Roth Yggdmillenia on Aug 31, 2014 23:57:30 GMT

i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/_Bluechan/Hidden%20FCs/Jasdero/32177036i.png
Eli sat bolt upright almost too quickly at Shikhandi’s words, before nodding to the point one might expect to hear his brains rattle around. He blinked at her hand, then back at her face, before gently taking hers within his gauze-wrapped one. He stood easily enough without really pulling on her arm, and then let go of her hand. He at least had understood that gesture, unlike the one before!

Standing awkwardly, he watched Heike spin around (which made him a little dizzy), and then listened to her outpour of words. He completely missed their Servant’s uncertain gaze, for his own face was painted with eagerness. This was pretty great! He was a bit worried about being given such an important job, but if they got to play on the first day, this was the best! He raised his arm into the air and nodded rapidly again.

“Yeah! Everyone says that playing would be the best!”
Only Eli knew who ‘everyone’ was, but he didn’t seem to notice he’d even said it. Turning to Shikhandi, being that she was the closest, he grinned at her from behind his laced piercings.
“Does Miss Archer know any good games? I guess you’re kinda like…the guest so…you should pick first!”

Argh sorry again for the long wait! I should be able to post more regularly now tho ;3;
Also, lol what even is this thread YES LETS PLAY ALL THE GAMES
Quick Reply