morning prayers

Post by General Li Xin on Sept 4, 2014 10:12:04 GMT

Xin hadn't been expecting for the old man to actually dodge, but his honed, fighter reflexes were not in the least delayed by the surprise. He pivoted, using his own momentum to make an emergency twist. The strike aimed at his shoulder missed as he swivelled. He guarded his face and rib cage, sidestepping from the attack directed at his side, before delivering a kick on the old man with his sheen.

He was fast. For an old man, he was very fast. He might even be faster than Xin. Blood dripped from a cut below his elbow where a fist had hit and sharply sliced his skin. He hadn't been able to feel how strong it was but if a brush like that could cut him like paper, a direct hit sounded very dangerous.

He'd yet to really feel it. The power of what these mages called a "Servant."

General Li Xin Avatar

General Li Xin
TEAM BLACK

Post by Yehoshua on Sept 5, 2014 3:56:02 GMT

The blow from his opponent wasn't unexpected, but Yehoshu'a had been so focused on regulating his own attacks that he found himself unprepared for it. The kick hit him easily in the midsection, and once again he found himself wondering just who exactly this man was as the force of it forced him to retreat.

Whatever offensive capabilities he had that could match his own, however, could not make up for the fact that he possessed no defense which could stand before the warrior of God. The blood dripping down his arm from what appeared to have been a glancing blow at best was evidence of that. Obviously the efforts he had been putting into restraining himself was not as effective as he'd believed.

Yehoshu'a allowed himself to relax slightly, not enough that he would be unable to respond to further attacks, but enough that it was visible. This man had to understand now the danger of the simple sparring match he had entered into. He would continue only if the man decided to move forward himself, with the full knowledge of what lay in store.

"Mercy and wrath both belong to One, and man will receive that which he seeks."

Yehoshua Avatar

Yehoshua
TEAM BLACK

Post by General Li Xin on Sept 5, 2014 10:57:00 GMT

Distance stood between the two fighters again and this time, it had been Xin who forced the other to retreat. They were not in a stalemate yet. They were just starting. Xin was about to charge in when the old man's body expression changed, halting his momentum. The old man had something else in mind.

He was allowing Xin to attack. It wasn't the same as when he was testing Xin. The old man was giving Xin a choice. At this, Xin realized that he hadn't been treated as a warrior of equal strength, but rather as a child whose curiosity was being entertained. The injury at his pride infuriated him but it was washed away almost immediately by another realization. The teeth that almost barred like fangs vanished behind a humourous smile. For an instant, it looked like he was going to attack but...

"This 'man' you're talking about has a name." He disengaged from the stance, putting his weight on two feet and punching a hole in the air. "Xin! General Li Xin! Don't forget it! ...is what I'd like to say, hehe." Xin said, crossing his arms. "Sorry, old man. I have to stop here. If I keep fighting, I won't be able to stop myself from going all-out. It's really annoying! I'm sure I'd get stronger if I went on a serious fight with you."

There. He said he wasn't going to fight anymore. Xin couldn't take it back and change his mind. Just moments ago, he had decided that he was going to make the old man regret underestimating Xin by beating the crap out of him. But at the last second, he remembered that he didn't have the leisure for that. Zheng was counting on him.

"My bad," he apologized again, this time with a more solemn note. Although the old man didn't share the same sentiment, if Xin were on his shoes, he would have been pretty frustrated. They would never know which one of them would have won.

General Li Xin Avatar

General Li Xin
TEAM BLACK

Post by Yehoshua on Sept 9, 2014 4:21:31 GMT

If Yehoshu'a held any disappointment over losing out on the end of their sparring match, nothing of it showed. Instead, he held a look of serene happiness. The duel, as short as it had been, at least had helped him find something akin to peace for his troubled mind, if only for a time. And so when he approached the man, Xin as he had finally introduced himself, he did so with a serene smile.

Yehoshu'a opened his mouth to speak, but thought better of it. By this point both of them must have understood that anything that would come out of his mouth would be gibberish. The Black Berserker tapped at his temple a few times, trying to indicate his impediment, before shrugging apologetically. Then, in lieu of words, he extended his right hand. He understood in this time period that a handshake was a sign of trust and understanding, and that at least he could share with Xin.

Yehoshua Avatar

Yehoshua
TEAM BLACK

Post by General Li Xin on Sept 12, 2014 10:39:50 GMT

The smile was contagious and Xin, not one to stay moping, allowed it to carry his mood. He didn't fully comprehend the meaning behind the old man's smile, but he understood and felt that he was genuinely happy. Xin absorbed his aura and forgot about his disappointment.

As the old man approached, Xin knew that it was time for that modern gesture for greetings. It was an alien concept but was introduced inside his head as if he'd always known and done it. It was weird, but Xin got over it.

But the peculiarity that was the Servant before him still puzzled Xin. He could accept that the old man just talked weirdly but when he stopped himself short from uttering another word, that was what solved it for Xin. There were seven classes for Servants, weren't there? One wielded the sword, one a lance, the other a bow; one rode on mounts, one relied on stealth, and another - magic - Zheng. And the last one had its sanity stripped off in favour of power.

Insane was not the word Xin would describe the old man. He would not ask about it. It was not something to be asked. That and Berserker here wouldn't be able to give a proper answer.

Xin did not hesitate to shake Berserker's hand, firmly and confidently. If this old man's Berserker, then his plan to exchange thoughts with a Servant was impossible from the start. But Xin didn't think talking with Berserker was all for naught. Even Berserker would like to have someone to talk to too.

"Hey, Berserker - Berserker, right? - it's a bit too early but do you want to drink with me?"

General Li Xin Avatar

General Li Xin
TEAM BLACK
Quick Reply