kaleidoscope heart

Post by Nimue on Jul 22, 2014 3:13:19 GMT

i.imgur.com/pWHkcw8.png
The plane taking off had been a curious experience. Caster had flown before--albeit not on a strange vehicular contraption--so it wasn't new to her to see buildings and people--albeit very different sorts of buildings and people--shrink into the distance, but she'd never gone so high nor so quickly.

Too quickly. There was nothing to do. The pilot had kindly informed them that there would be ten hours more of nothing to do. The obvious solution was, of course, to find something to do.

Nadia was asleep, which was good. Caster needed to recuperate her prana, and she should honestly be asleep herself. It wasn't necessary though. She didn't expect fighting to break out until much later, and even if it did, there was always Merlin's prana to rely on. For now, it was more important to learn what she could about the other servants. There may not be the time to properly socialize later, not when the war taking up their time. Also, she was bored.

"Hello," she said while still incorporeal, prodding Lancer of Red with her prana (as gently as she could) to get his attention.

Nimue Avatar

Nimue
TEAM RED

Post by Georgius on Jul 22, 2014 19:47:10 GMT

Planes were bizarre contraptions. He'd thought the cars that the Mage's Association's magus had arrived in were astounding, but the plane was something else. Then again, if he had slain a dragon, then perhaps human flight through machinery was not so far-fetched. Incorporeal, he'd wandered over to a window seat and watched silently as the plane took off before returning to Svetlana.

It was then that he sensed someone nudging him slightly with prana. "My apologies," he said, quick to apologize. "Forgive me for not properly introducing myself first." For Lancer, it was a personal travesty that he hadn't been the one to approach Caster first.

Albeit gently, Lancer could still sense that there was a large amount of prana coming from a servant floating about Nadia, a large amount that could only be coming from a servant that relied heavily on spells.

"Lancer, at your service," he says to her, and if he had a body, he'd be bowing and kissing the back of her hand.

Georgius Avatar

Georgius

Post by Nimue on Jul 23, 2014 3:36:19 GMT

Caster had poked him, and for some reason she couldn't even begin to fathom, he apologized. She was fairly certain that said a great deal about Lancer.

She materialized in the seat behind Nadia, staying slightly incorporeal until she was certain that taking physical form wouldn't negate her prana gain.

"Indeed, I am aghast--and disappointed," she said with a bright, perhaps malicious, smile and she primly folding her hands on her lap, "but it makes no matter. We are all allies here now, aren't we?"

She gestured to the seat across from her; it was his, if he would take it. It was the only place for him to sit should he want to manifest physically. There were only six seats arranged in pairs in the private jet, and it seemed that Lana and Nadia had claimed a pair each--Caster assumed they were both doing their best to prevent the other from sitting anywhere near them.

"I am Caster," she said, "and it is a pleasure to meet you, Lancer. I look forward to witnessing your exploits in battle."

Nimue Avatar

Nimue
TEAM RED

Post by Georgius on Jul 29, 2014 16:18:24 GMT

Lancer thinks to himself that it is fairly rare for another Servant to be as talkative as Caster, but it's kind of nice having some company that's willing to generate conversation after having been dead for years and years. He follows suit, as Caster takes physical form behind a magus with red hair. Lancer weaves his incorporeal form over to the seat across from Caster before taking physical form in it.

"We are, yes," he says. Allies they were, even if the ties that bound the faction together were thin and easily severed. But in any case, Lancer was the type of person who was more inclined to trust others than to be suspicious and skeptical of them. This would, probably, be a factor in his eventual downfall.

There was something measured about Caster in the way that she spoke. "As do I," he responds. Casters were always a curve ball, especially since no one really knew what sort of Noble Phantasms or spells they had to their disposal. It was a little easier to predict how Saber or Archer chose to battle. Casters were a little harder to guess.

And then, "Have you ever seen the far east?"

Georgius Avatar

Georgius

Post by Nimue on Jul 30, 2014 3:36:41 GMT

She didn't believe him, not by default, but Caster was willing to give Lancer a modicum of trust for now. There were heroic spirits with varying levels of heroism; this was obvious, given that both she and King Arthur both counted as heroic spirits. Caster wouldn't trust herself, not ever, but she would trust Arthur in a heartbeat.

Still, Lancer seemed genuine to her somehow. That was concerning, either because he was a good enough actor to fool her or because he was actually genuine. Caster didn't know which one would be worse.

"No, never. I've traveled by sea but never so far. There was always much to do, so much conflict. I do not think I would have ever found the time for such travels." She had Avalon to be a foreign land, now not foreign at all, and she had magic to capture her imagination. She had honestly never thought much about the distant reaches of the known world.

"Have you? Your armor doesn't seem eastern."

Nimue Avatar

Nimue
TEAM RED
Quick Reply