A chance encounter

Post by Amaury St John Yggdmillennia on Aug 4, 2014 1:11:12 GMT

For a man who was currently involved in a battle that may well have ended in his death, Amaury seemed surprisingly calm and nonchalant. It was not that he was confident: while in many ways she was one of the most excellent creatures he had laid eyes on, Assassins like the one he had summoned were traditionally the weakest of Servants. It was unlikely that she would survive to the end of this battle, and that put his own life at risk as well.

No, he was not confident. It was simply that the idea of losing his life was one that had no consequence to him. If that was how the story of this battle went, then so be it. It would not help to worry about it too much.

And so instead, with the upcoming battles on hold until the fall of night and Assassin out having fun on her own, Amaury was left to wander the city alone. He'd found himself in what he'd been told was the Xishi district, and had something of a direction now: finding an old teahouse that he'd visited a grand total of once but remembered fondly.

Little did he realize that he was about to encounter another, quite different but equally pleasant, blast from the past.

Post by Celest Vermillion on Aug 10, 2014 15:43:27 GMT

Celest walked along the streets, it was mostly to explore the area, there was no use when it came to looking at a map without actually looking at the terrain, and to be honest Celest needed a moment to herself. So she had saber running off somewhere, looking around at his own pace. It was nice to have him by her side, but she just always had someone around with her.

Walking around a new place, Celest came across a small teahouse and at first walked right past it, before pausing. Something almost told her to go inside, most would probably call it fate.. but Celest was pretty sure she was just in the mood for a relaxing place to go. Not that this was the time to relax, but no one would attack her with so many people around.

So, she walked right into the small teahouse and looked around. Until she spotted a familiar face. Amaury, a friend from when she was with her mother. Probably really the only person she let get close to her at all if she was honest with herself. She wasn't sure if he was going to be in the war or not and well.. it looks like he was.

Walking over she sat down across from him, without asking permission. Rude as ever she was. "Amaury." She stated calmly. "It's been awhile, how have you been?" She asked, hoping to avoid the war talk. It'd be nice to speak to him once last time before he lost this war.

Post by Amaury St John Yggdmillennia on Aug 15, 2014 1:59:34 GMT

Having settled down at his table with a nice cup of tea, Amaury prepared for a pleasant moment of solitude. However, when he heard footsteps approaching he realized fate must have had a different idea. And when he saw who sat down across from him, he was glad it did.

"Mon Dieu," he said in pleasant surprise, "Could it really be?"

A wide and genuine smile graced his features, and Amaury quickly signaled down a server to come to the table.

"This bloody business of war can be so tiresome, but I must say my day is brightened by your visit, Celest. Perhaps I can offer you a drink in return?"

Post by Celest Vermillion on Aug 18, 2014 1:25:20 GMT

Celest nodded at him and had to agree "It honestly really is, I've got to admit that I'm kind of tired of it all already." Something about the fact that Celest was now going to have to fight him sent a weird feeling down her spine. She wasn't really sure how to feel about it, part of her was excited to fight against her old friend, while the other part dreaded having to see her friend dragged into such an unfortunate situation. 

"And a drink would be  wonderful."

Looking over at the waiter he called over she ordered a simple green tea, not really one for anything fancy. She nodded to him, and then looked back at her old friend. "I'm a little disappointed to see you in the war though, especially on the losing side." She said bluntly. "I trust you to stay alive through this or I'll be quite upset.

It was something about being around him, her vocabulary tended to become a lot bigger after talking to him, to be honest she had a soft competitive side to her that came out when she's known someone for a long time. Ah yes, she'd be sure to win now.

Post by Amaury St John Yggdmillennia on Aug 19, 2014 5:58:45 GMT

Despite the girl's apparent rudeness, Amaury's smile only widened. Celest truly hadn't changed a bit, and he'd gotten used to her somewhat abrasive mannerisms long ago. He in fact found it somewhat comforting to experience them once again after so long.

But the misfortune of being put on opposing sides of the battle did put something of a damper on things. He hadn't given thought to why she had returned, but now it was quite clear that she had come back indeed to take part of the Holy Grail War as a member of the invading Magus Association's team.

Most unfortunate. But c'est la vie, as they say.

"I assure you I shall endeavor to survive," he said with as much concern as someone else might talk about the potential for poor weather. He even took a sip of his tea calmly before continuing to speak.

"I would prefer you survive as well, Celest. I'm certain it's a sentiment shared by your father."

Quick Reply