The Battle of 100 Mages

Post by Nakula on Aug 6, 2014 5:35:21 GMT

Alright then. Since Padma needing to leave is basically a sure thing if the attack happens at night [and honestly, why wouldn't it?], I imagine Nakula's involvement would go something like this: Going with the three groups thing, Nakula might find one of the groups and attempt to fight them honorably, and give them the chance to 1v1 him. However, given that the Mages are trained professionals they probably wouldn't sit there and let him wipe the floor with them one at a time, and would attempt to attack him together after he solo'd a few of them. Then he wipes out a number of them, but withdraws to get Padma away from the battlefield once she needs to gtfo so as to not turn into a corpse-eating ragemonster. And that'd be about it.

If there were any mages left in the group by that point, he'd leave them to be dealt with by another nearby Servant. If no other Servants want to take said group, I can just say he killed them all or the remaining ones went to go regroup with another group and then get killed with their buddies over there.
Nakula Avatar

Nakula
TEAM BLACK

Post by Tanz on Aug 6, 2014 5:50:41 GMT

The dude who activated the Grail

IDK. I think it's best to leave this issue to Octavian. I'll roll however he wants it because he's the one who has the Grail. I've actually just really been waiting for Jin to drop by and say something but he's making things harder for us :( Jin, if you think trying to figure things out is fun, it's not. SAVE US.

Where Zheng fights

I don't really care but I've unfortunately already established in thread that he participated. While I think there could have been possibilities of him being seen, we can just say that he was lucky and no one did. It's not like it's...THAT noticeable like Excalibur, no. The area is also thick with magic. I don't think it's a plot hole? So I hope that's all good. I don't really want to make things complicated. Why do you want Zheng to be noticed so much D:
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
I play Ying Zhemg, Li Xin, Wang Ben, Marcos Amuro, Luca Barany, Kiritsugu Emiya-Yggdm., and Jin.

Post by Catharsis on Aug 6, 2014 13:38:38 GMT

Me and tanz fortunately are not a hive mind. :P I do not want to know what goes on up in that girl's head, not one bit!!!

I assumed this is was the information the Association had: 1) There's a HUGE magical disturbance in Taixuan, 2) Yggdmillenia are in Taixuan, where they'd been mostly harmless for the past few years, 3) Yggdillenia announces that they have the Grail, which could be a bluff, and 4) Yggdmillenia secedes.

At this point, if the Association seems to be acting with too little information, I can say that Meng Na straight up TOLD the Association 1) the Grail is real, and 2) they haven't summoned any servants yet.

The question as to the Association's actual goal is currently unclear. As always, this is because my word is not Word of God, and the involved Mage Association characters don't exist yet. :(

IMO, the 100 mages' objective was actually to exterminate Yggdmillenia and reclaim the Grail, more emphasis on exterminating Yggdmillenia as punishment for secession than the Grail (they can't even verify that the Grail is the actual Fuyuki Grail, after all).

The Grail shouldn't change their plans too much though. If they DO have it, better bum rush them to get it back. If they DON'T, better bum rush them before they can further fortify themselves anyway.

I think the solution to our problems is to have Yggdmillenia have a mansion in the fancy schmancy empty part of the town. It could be well-known as their headquarters (ie, the place where Octavian grew up and currently lives EDIT: dude didn't grow up in taixuan, i guess its meng na's house or some shit), and that could've been where the 100 mages all attacked? At that point, maybe the Grail was genuinely kept there. It could've been moved to the secret shrine after the attack.

Granted, it's a little dumb to NOT keep the Grail at the secret shrine to begin with, but perhaps they just figured the mansion was well-fortified enough (and indeed, it was). We could say they moved it to under the lake later only when they realized the Holy Grail was being funky, and the Mage's Association now also had seven servants.
Catharsis Avatar

Catharsis
STAFF

Post by Shikhandi on Aug 7, 2014 15:21:28 GMT

i.imgur.com/6wiKPHu.jpg
*connecting hive consciousness to peek inside Tanz's mind"

"W-Wha..? This is..."  *disconnects immediately*

*is traumatized by the experience*
_______

I totally agree with the idea of YGM having a castle! :D   This would make interaction between Master-Master and Servant-Servant far easier. Can it have a large courtyard too? And perhaps several underground chambers and fancy eastern-style multi-tiered roofs ? I think the best area would be either Northern Yang or Eastern Xi, but it could also be near the lake itself, perhaps?

If there is a castle, then it might be easier to know the target of the 100 attack. They would spend a day gathering info, fnding or being told that The Grail is in the castle, then went to storm it when night falls. They could accomplish both extermination and finding the grail that way. One group might went from the front gate, the other from the back courtyard, etc.

As to why The Grail was in the castle, perhaps the temple's barrier was not ready yet? Or it might have been compromised by *someone* just a night before so the grail was hastily moved to the castle. If the temple barrier was compromised/not ready yet, then it would also provide incentive for the Red Team. The more day of the war passed, the stronger the protection around the waterfall would be.

If there was indeed a castle, I think it would be best if Zheng's fight happened in an underground chamber, to minimize others who might saw him. The NP would be felt,but no one would know what caused that mana disturbance -another plot device to be discussed by Black characters! :)

Also, how about making the one who touched the Grail to be spared by ? It would be the last one left before him/ needed to withdraw. If wanted to join too -and she had to, or else this Battle would not be dramatic xP - she could face another group (so there would four) or perhaps she could tandem with Nakula/Berserker? Although I more thinking of her running around the multi-front battles shouting "Cut!" and "NO! NO! Where's the EXPRESSION?? Let those eyes speak, darling. Let them speak!" instead XD

And about the time of the attack, I still propose the timeline to be changed a little, to allow a day for the 100 mages to plan their moves and for the Masters/Servants to interact first before the 100 Battle. How about everyone else? :)

Shikhandi Avatar

Shikhandi
TEAM BLACK

Post by Yehoshua on Aug 8, 2014 2:53:15 GMT

As far as the plan goes, I like the idea of Yehoshu'a sparing one mage because they ended up praying, it fits his character nicely. However, if that's the route we decide on then it leaves a problem: the mage that survives would not be the same mage that activated the grail, and probably wouldn't have an easy way of knowing the secondary system of the Grail was activated.

Though now that I think on it I just had a random idea: what if the surviving mage became the very first Master for the Red team? Considering he/she was likely the only suitable magus near the Grail it's not too far fetched. Perhaps even an unplanned summoning occurred? Coming back with a Servant to helpfully explain what exactly is going on might prove useful. And I was thinking of making a third character anyways...

But that kinda edges into Red team planning, and this is a Black team thread.
Yehoshua Avatar

Yehoshua
TEAM BLACK

Post by Jin on Aug 14, 2014 18:17:45 GMT

/shows up a week late with starbucks

Okay so. I think it would definitely help if we could compile a timeline that states the bare-bones of the Battle of 100 Mages. Pinning down everyone's locations helps a ton, but I think it should be left up to the other Yggdmillennia Masters and Servants to decide when/where they were in relation to the actual Grail.

Meng Na showing the Association the location of the Grail as an explanation as to why there was one left sounsd good with me. I also think it'd work for the Grail to have initially been in Meng Na's mansion (albeit, guarded 100x more intensely considering that Octavian doesn't trust his wife) and moved to the shrine afterwards. That would resolve the problem with the single mage being able to actually reach the Grail but simultaneously not knowing where the shrine is.

I guess this means that the Association's elite stormed the mansion forcing Yggdmillennia to relocate the Grail.

I also like the idea of the single mage that came back being one of the Red team's Masters. Granted, we'll have to ask them about that one.

Also as an aside, Octavian and Caster probably could have soloed a few mages as the last defense/resort blocking off the Grail.

eta: is a thread a day before the battle as a meeting necessary? If so, that's fine. Considering the landslide win that Yggdmillennia receives against the Association in casualty numbers, it feels that this was something planned all along. One day before the battle feels too much of a short notice. In any case, the entire battle feels like it was a way to bait the Association in? Or is it just my imagination because it could be that as well.
Jin Avatar

Jin
OOC

Post by Innesviel von Einzbern on Aug 15, 2014 17:00:09 GMT

i.imgur.com/I8SxTIt.jpg
Actually, I have suggested a barebone timeline in my earlier post :) But posting an update nonetheless!

Note: I am going to tag like wild.

Day-2 : Night

Having pinpointed the location of the current location of The Grail and surveying the town since morning, The Hundred Hunters met one last time to fine-tune their plans.

What could have happened before the dusk:
- might have leaked the location of The GG, but added a false info that YGM actually had not succeeded in summoning any Servants yet. Thats why The Mages were confident for an attack.
- Servants of Black might have noticed the sudden presence of a great number of Magus. There may/may not be discussion among Black.
- have located the GG and confirmed its authenticity.
- and have met (A wing and a prayer). Perhaps the supervisor have noticed something?
-  And is planning something. I think.

Event: The Battle of 100 Mages

- interrupted the meeting and killed the planners, leaving the plans half-finished. In confusion the remaining members decided to push forward nonetheless, believing they could get to The Grail before more Servants were summoned.
- and were among the group that stormed YGM

Location: Meng Na's/Octavian 's castle/ wherever the Servants and Masters had their cozy mansion for social interactions.

- The Hundred Hunters split into three groups (more can be added if needed, such as wanting one) which was a tested-and-true method of them.

* Group 1: Magus with strong Barriers and boldly took the front gate. slaughtered them all except Innes.
* Group 2: Magus with strong Physical Enhancements stormed the backdoor, intending to create maximum havoc. They were faced against and may/may not be . Somehow one person survived from here. We will call this Magus The Loner from now on.
* Group 3: Magus with Offensive Magic Capabilities followed Group 2 but split to strike deep down the dungeon chambers. They encountered and maybe

- In the confusion, The Loner managed to reach GG dungeon chamber purely by accident. , as always, was close to it, as was also . Somehow, The Loner managed to activate the Grail Backup System before dying.
- Back in the front yard, summoned the first Servant of Red. They escaped the compounds and alerted Clock Tower immediately. Before dawnbreak Mage's Association already scrambled for Masters.

Event End

Day-1 Dawn.
The Red Team began their summonings.

* The Magus' team of course can be changed. This was just my general idea

* As to who guarded the Grail at the moment, it could be Zheng or Hector, but Vira earlier stated that Hector would accompany Altai when he was guarding the Grail. I think it could be discussed by and

* All other Black Masters are welcome to place their own roles in the event! Just discuss, please!

Suggestions please? If this is all good we can start this rolling very soon ! :D
Innesviel von Einzbern Avatar

Innesviel von Einzbern
TEAM RED

Post by Jin on Aug 17, 2014 2:46:35 GMT

Giving the okay for Octavian's role in this. Al...so yeah meeting after the battle might be more appropriate. It might be best if we tackle the battle first and then worry about the meeting later though?

I'm proposing that people split off into three different threads according to the groups? Otherwise, that's going to be a hell of a lot of people in a single thread.
Jin Avatar

Jin
OOC

Post by Raluca Dalca on Aug 18, 2014 23:00:53 GMT

I am a fan of split threads! (Although at this point I think only Eli would actively be involved, since he'd be with )

Raluca's living familiars, which are all over the city, had already started alerting her to some big rumblings right about the time met up with her. She already knew Ygdmillenia was in town, but has only been keeping a passive eye on them (and keeping friendly relations with them off the books). Raluca is pretty much expecting to get a call from the association, though it will probably be after all the fighting is done. Raluca's only real task is to keep mortals from stumbling into that shit-storm of a battle lol. She's got her work cut out for her xP
Quick Reply