The Battle of 100 Mages

Post by Ying Zheng on Jul 23, 2014 1:00:41 GMT

So the Black Servants were summoned before the Yggm. family defected. It's up to the person if they wanted their servant involved during battle. It's a pretty major event so I thought we could have a thread to discuss or mention any details you'd like others to know.

Zheng joined the battle, but he strictly used Fen Shu Keng Ru - a NP that censors anything it comes contact with out of existence until his death or the cutting of his left hand. The battlefield would have looked like hell with Zheng blasting those flames. And I guess there's less than 99 corpses found lol. He's not using it now though. But this means he has the lives of all those mages. If anyone's actually related to any of those mages, Zheng could bring them back.

If no one else in the Black faction wants to get involved, Zheng could be responsible for all the 99 deaths. But we can split the kills. Sharing is caring.
Ying Zheng Avatar

Ying Zheng
TEAM BLACK

Post by Hector of Troy on Jul 23, 2014 4:01:49 GMT

Someone would probably have to literally hold Hector back from this fight. So I guess his participation depends on whether or not his Master wants to deal with him?

I kind of like the idea of Zheng (+ the others if they want) being sent to deal with this, and Hector showing up uninvited. He'd probably be yelling at Zheng (+ others maybe) for being a battle hog and running people over with his chariot. I'm sorry. Also, regardless of whether or not he's actually involved, Hector would most likely insist on giving the dead (or what's left of them) a proper burial. But that's just him.
Hector of Troy Avatar

Hector of Troy
TEAM BLACK

Post by Ying Zheng on Jul 24, 2014 10:11:33 GMT

hector can't go just so he can whine how he didn't get to fight. I don't know about the burial...but I'm sure the Mage's Association would have dealt with it. Not many corpses to bury either if Zheng got rid of them

Hector and Zheng are the only accepted Black Servants so far, so I guess we'll still be waiting what the others have to say.

It'd be neat if we could establish as soon as possible what happened, so the Mage's Assoc / Red Team has some canon info to work with.
Ying Zheng Avatar

Ying Zheng
TEAM BLACK

Post by Amaury St John Yggdmillennia on Jul 29, 2014 0:01:07 GMT

Yehoshu'a could totally get in on this, just saying. A complete nightmare for any magus that attempted to put up any sort of defense, and definitely something for the survivor to tell horror stories about once he gets back. A crazy old man who couldn't be stopped and who ripped people to shreds while screaming the wrath of a vengeful God upon them and whatnot.

EDIT: Yeah posted with the wrong account but it's still good nonetheless

Post by Amba on Jul 31, 2014 16:05:45 GMT

Archer will probably take a part in this. I am thinking of making her the first to encounter the advancing group, asking them kindly to leave. But they refused. So after some time of intention-probing and verbal-bartering the limit of six minutes will be up, and the arrows she has prepared in advance will fly at them from completely unexpected directions. It might be enough to subdue some of them, but the remaining people will soon know that they were in for more than they could imagine.

But that is just my proposed version of the story ^^ Anything can change!

Also, Caster, I think Rider will have every opportunity he would need to perform burial ceremonies provided the circumstances. It is not like Mage Association people appear instantly where a Magus has died.... If the attack happen in a closed castle for example. If the inhabitants of the castle cover the whole incident diligently then it would be weeks before Mage Association can get wind of the body.

Although I think Yggddmillennia would want to research the bodies instead rather than giving them up for burial. Magic Crests are very valuable, considering Yggddmillennia (num how to spell this??) background.

Which bring me to a question. How do this "attack" happened? Is it a hundred Magus storming a castle of Yggddmillennia? Or groups of Magus tracking down Masters in different area? As Caster said it would be best if we can establish what really happened there :)

Thanks!
Amba Avatar

Amba
TEAM BLACK

Post by Ying Zheng on Jul 31, 2014 16:42:43 GMT

Since the master slots are mostly filled up, I think it would be best to have their input too. I was wondering too how the Mage's Association attacked because according to the forums, they attacked Afternoon. The Yggdmillenia also knew they were coming. It's where that I'm not sure, but I doubt there's some castle of some sort? I haven't heard of one established here yet anyway. I was just assuming it was an open battle albeit a one-sided massacre.

The association splitting and tracking masters is more likely - and more subtle than an all-out brawl. I suppose they were massacred separately then. We can assume they split into three groups, perhaps? And they sent three servants for each. I think that would mean it's Caster who allowed one to get through him and activate the Grail xD WHOOPS.

edit: oh maybe, they were only expecting two groups, and one managed to sneak off and track down Octavian who had the Grail? Caster separated from him to stop them but one got to Octavian. Just so the association doesn't look too pathetic. They sent the most elite after all. Let's not forget Rin and Shirou were able to kill Berserker in F/SN lol. So if more Servants wanna join the kill, they can join among the two groups. The group Caster is against probably consist of less people since they were able to sneak around.
Ying Zheng Avatar

Ying Zheng
TEAM BLACK

Post by Shikhandi on Aug 5, 2014 8:51:31 GMT

This might be just me, but based on my experience actual brainstorming would take a very long time. Would it be alright if I detailed my suggestion of the events here, and then everyone can add or substract the plot according to their own character's roles? I am only imagining what the Servants would do so please feel free to change this plot. It is just that I think it would be easier if there is a framework to be worked on.

Here is my version of the Battle of 100 Mages:

First would be my assumptions of the background:
- Yggddmillenia acts as one. They may not be cohesive, but each Masters and Servants agree to protect the Grail as one. It would be good if The Servants have met beforehand too, which would explain why they don't fight each other when they meet here.
- May I propose the attack to happen at night? Since in my assumption Taixuan is a pretty bustling city, I think a night attack would fit the Elite Magus' secretive ways more. Also I found it hard to have Yehoshua rampaging or Hector's chariot wheeling around in a bright afternoon of a Chinese city without any laypeople noticing. Unless it happened inside a private compound -basically if in Apocrypha the 100 mages storming Yggddmillennia's Castle.

This is the sequence of events I proposed :

Day -3: Night: Yggddmillennia announces their secession from the Mage's Association, with Seven Servants in their complete command. Clock Tower sends their taskforce of 100 mages immediately. Some arrived that very night.

Day-2 : Early Dawn: The last of the Taskforce arrived in Taixuan. They began scouting the perimeter and to determine just what it is they would be doing. Some Servants may have noticed the large gathering of mages and reported to their respective Masters.

Day-2 : Morning-Afternoon: As the Taskforce continued gathering their informations, Yggddmillennia Servants/Masters met.

Day-2 : Night: Having pinpointed the location of the Temple-Behind-The-Waterfall, The taskforce met one last time to fine-tune their plans.

The main reason of why I propose a day for the taskforce to gather info is that I think it does not conform to Magus' ways to storm a stronghold without ample preparations. They are supposed to be elite Mages, and as exemplified by Kenneth they might not be as foolish as to arrive early morning in a hostile territory and then proceeded to move in that very noon. It may also make it easier for us to roleplay the battles if the battles happened at night, where less eyes would be watching.

So, in this version, the Battle of 100 Mages started at night.

What follows next is completely my own idea. Please change them according to your own plots! :D

Day-2 Night :

- The taskforce decided to split into three groups. Their main objective was the Holy Grail itself. But when the important decision-makers met to fine-tune their plans, the hawk-eyed Archer interrupted the meeting. Most of the participants was decimated. Despite the loss, some scrambled to escape and rally the groups to began their operations.

This chaotic start would be a good reason of why the elite taskforce failed. Their plans was not fine-tuned enough because of the interruption.

- A team ran to Berserker in a back street. Most of them were confident in their barriers ability, but was horrified when Berserker blasted his way through them.

- Another team met Saber and Lancer. Being the honorable Ksathriya he was, Saber challenged them on one-on-one duel, while Lancer also demanded the same. They ended up alternating turns without allowing anyone to leave the area. So, this group was finished last.

- The largest group managed to get to the waterfall area. Zheng (or any of his boybands) awaited them and began consuming them in Black Fire. However, Rider barged in on his chariot, yelling at Zheng for hogging the battle and his inappropriate (in his view) treatment of the bodies of the fallen. Some of the Mages summoned their own familiars and unleashed them at the same time. In the confusion that followed, one Magus managed to slip past Zheng as Rider shouted at him.

- Meanwhile, Berserker spared one of the Magus simply because he/she prayed to the same God as him when he was about to kill him/her. Berserker told him/her to leave in peace and never return.

- The lone Magus approached the heavily-protected Waterfall, where he/she encountered Assassin. But just when the situation looked grim a cry of "Sthunakharna!" was heard and barrage of arrows destroyed both the physical and magical protection of The Waterfall. The lone Magus went inside, followed by Archer and (probably) Assassin.

<they were curious to see the Grail! XD>

- The lone Magus met with Octavian/Altai who was guarding the Grail at that time. In some way or another he/she managed to activate the Backup System from The Grail before perishing in the act.

- Thus, another Seven Servants and a Ruler could be summoned to begin The Great War.

By this version, there will be three end results of the attack:

* 99 Elite Magus perished in the operation. The single survivor contacted the Magus Association that very night with tales of the horrors of Berserker.

* Rider first met with True Caster, Ying Zheng, and the only Servant who had done so.

* Due to the lone Magus being famed for his explosive Magecraft, Octavian never really could determine who destroyed the Temple Barriers. The only witness of Archer's act was Assassin, and she was the first one who learned the clue to Archer's identity through her Noble Phantasm.

Day-2 Night : The Mage's Association moved fast, finding suitable Masters and scrambling for catalyst. Some Servants were summoned even before the sun rose on the next day.

Day-1 : The Red Servants were summoned, and they started arriving in Taixuan. Yggddmillennia gathered once again for this new threat.

Day 0 : The Great War started with a showdown between Saber, Archer, Rider, Lancer, and Berserker in a dark harbor

Please note that the above is simply my version of the story, it can and it should be changed. I just hope that it would serve as a decent framework before we started brainstorming again.Do add your version of the story and tell us what role do you want your character to play and how!
:D
Shikhandi Avatar

Shikhandi
TEAM BLACK

Post by Tanz on Aug 5, 2014 9:41:53 GMT

Mint, you forgot:

1. The attack did not happen in the Yggdmillenia shrine.

there is a hidden shrine behind the waterfall that can be found by those of the Yggdmillenia family. The shrine leads deep below the lake, where the Holy Grail is kept secret and safe.

The Association has no knowledge of it yet, or even has means of entering it even if they do locate it. The barriers remain untouched...it's already been established in thread so nothing we can do about it lol.

2. Vira already said Hector isn't coming - considering Altai's safety being a concern, it's not a surprise if he's just going to be with him. Hector would have to complain about the burial and fighting through another mean lol.

I think by the time the association arrived, the Grail is already safely secured. Octavian would have made that kind of preparation. The only thing left to do was clearing their enemies and I think that's it. It's not much of a defensive battle. Team Black has all the advantage. Kiri would have told the Yggdmillenia suspicious movements from the association too.

So the question remains is if and future lancer of black would also like to participate. Probably a given that they would, but they may have other reasons too like how Rider ended up not joining.

Caster's existence is a secret and he hasn't summoned the boy band yet. He must have been around the Ningwa Lake when a detachment sneaked through. NGL, Octavian could have probably soloed them. So it might make sense that only he and Caster were put to defend the place, other than the fact they wouldn't want the association to figure out instantly that the Grail is there.

And I think with that, there shouldn't be too much problem on the details?

so here, laying down locations:

1. Ningwa Lake
- Octavian and Caster

2. Area A
- Berserker (?)

3. Area B
- Archer (?)

If each Servant/Master joining posts what they would be doing and who they wanna be (good for establishing a meeting with another M/S. nothing beats bonding over fighting), we should all be good. 
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
I play Ying Zhemg, Li Xin, Wang Ben, Marcos Amuro, Luca Barany, Kiritsugu Emiya-Yggdm., and Jin.

Post by Altai-Erdene Nergülgiin on Aug 5, 2014 10:08:17 GMT

I want to point out that the forum descs have the 100 mages attack happening at midday. I assumed they thought that the servants hadn't been summoned yet and wanted to bum rush to obtain the grail before the summonings. Being elite mages, I figured they were all super arrogant and assumed victory was assured against such a lowly crowd as the Yggdmillenia fam.

That being said, if people want it at night, editing the forum descs is super easy. You guys just come up with a consensus, and I'll roll with it! (This is true for all forum/subforum descs, btw. I just throw them together to give you all a bit of direction.)

Hector can go if he wants. If he'd prefer to chill around Altai, that's cool too. Whatever Vira prefers. I think it'd be cool if he actually were with Altai by the Grail, and that poor sucker that actually got that far found out there's still another servant to face. (As always, Altai's shitty personality could've spared the guy. He might've been fatalistic enough to ask Hector to let him go.)

Regarding the secretness of the shrine, Meng Na might be able to help with that. To keep it a secret in the present, she could've just found a small strike force of the Association mages and led them there? And if they all died, then well, dead men tell no tales. They could've doubled down on security and put Meng Na under a geas afterwards?

Post by Damayanti Padmanabhan on Aug 5, 2014 14:45:52 GMT

Hey ya'll!

I think Julie would definitely be all over this just provided that Amaury would let her/is similarly invested in it/etc. It sounds crazy dramatic and therefore she feels that she needs to be there. If nothing else, she'll write a soundtrack.

So she'll be around, I think. Probably sneaking around in the shadows and whatnot.

EDIT:

Padma on the other hand would probably ask not to participate if it's all going down around the afternoon/nighttime. She goes demon mode at night and has to concentrate pretty darn hard on not eating people. She's fine with like 3 corpses, but if you put her next to 100 delicious dead people she's going to lose control of herself and start chomping at anything and everything that looks delish - including her allies. She kinda wants to avoid starting off the war by going all ragemonster and biting another member of Team Black/getting killed by another Black servant because she tried to eat their master.

Post by Hector of Troy on Aug 5, 2014 21:29:48 GMT

Okay, I like the idea of Hector hanging around by the shrine with Altai (probably pacing and grumbling about not fighting, but he knows he shouldn't leave his squishy Master all alone). Hector would probably scare the crap out of any poor sucker who ventured near to where he was, but would let them go at Altai's command like any loyal Servant. If that is indeed what happens. Hector will be wherever he is needed.

As far as insisting upon the burial of the dead goes, that's just a reference to his own legend and culture. He would probably talk about showing respect for the dead since proper funeral rights are really important to him, but it would make sense for the Mage's Association to take care of that. Can't have 99 magus corpses strewn about, that's bad for the whole secrecy thing.

Just... don't eat the people in front of him Padma
Hector of Troy Avatar

Hector of Troy
TEAM BLACK

Post by Nakula on Aug 6, 2014 0:40:51 GMT

Nakula would be fine fighting the Mages if he was already present when they attacked or was defending Padma or the other Masters, but if he showed up and the other Servants were already wrecking the Mages he probably wouldn't help simply because of how one sided the fight would already be in the Servants favor.

Similarly, if Padma withdrew and did not participate he'd go with her.
Nakula Avatar

Nakula
TEAM BLACK

Post by Shikhandi on Aug 6, 2014 4:59:47 GMT

Yay! I knew a little framework would make it all clearer :D

But, this might be just me, but I think Tanz and Katya are saying different things? tanz said:
The association splitting and tracking masters is more likely - and more subtle than an all-out brawl.

Which I think implied that 100 Mages already know there are Masters, and therefore Servants. There would be little reason for them to spread out and pick Yggddmillennia members if what they were tasked with were the Grail.

While Katya said:

I assumed they thought that the servants hadn't been summoned yet and wanted to bum rush to obtain the grail before the summonings.

Which implied that the 100 mages do not know there are Servants yet, and pinpoint their objectives to the grail rather than members of Yggddmmillennia.

So, I think the important question that needs to be cleared is:

- What is the main objective of 100 mages? Is it to kill mages or to reclaim the grail?

In my own opinion, I think Katya's idea fits more with the settings. Even if they are elite mages, there would be no way they want to search Masters without Servants of their own. It would be far too dangerous.

Then can I assume that 100 mages want to seize the grail when they attack? Their splitting into 3 groups to approach the target from different routes is acceptable, I think, and the fact that their meeting was interrupted before all their plans could be discussed might account for their confusion.

Which brings me to the next question.

I wonder about 100 mages knowledge of the shrine (Yggddmillennia shrine=Grail shrine=Shrine behind the waterfall). Tanz said they do not even have the knowledge of the location. Yet, in the premise:

Only one mage survived, but the survivor reached the Holy Grail and activated it's reserve system
Forgive me if I am wrong, but I think unless in that night Octavian happened to bring the Grail out for a stroll around Ningwu Lake, The Grail would still be inside the waterfall temple. My assumptions then:

1. One Mage reached the Grail.
2. The Grail is inside the waterfall temple
3. Then, the mage knows the temple location and somehow enters the temple
4. The temple must be highly protected.
5. So, something must happen that destroy or bypass the temple protection, which allow the survivor to enter.

Archer might have a reason and the ability to destroy the barrier. But I also root for showing the location and even help the survivor bypass the barrier :)   Poor Octavian...

So I really want to ask: Was the temple location known? And was the barrier breached or not?
From the premise, I think it would be impossible for the 100 mages to "has no knowledge of it yet, or even has means of entering it even if they do locate it" but could still reached The Holy Grail and activated its backup System.

And if the 100 mages had no idea of where they would attack, why did they move at all?

Also, please decide which Servants actually took part in the 100 Mages, and which Servants didn't, then fit the story and the Master's actions towards that end. In my opinion, we would get nowhere if all of of our stance is "if this happen, Servant participate, and if this doesn't happen, Servant don't participate". It would be better if our workings is "Servant will participate" and then "To make Servant participate, I propose these things happened". I think that would make dscussions far easier.

But this is just my opinion so...I am sorry.

-----
Personal: tanz, I wonder whether by "secret" you meant absolutely no Servants or Masters save Octavian ever laid eyes or noticed ,'s presence? If so...I think it would be best not to let Zheng fight the mages at all, or make the battle happen in a pace far more remote and hidden (underground, perhaps?) than a lakeside. Since Zheng would be using Noble Phantasms, I think it would be heard for other Servants or watchful Masters not noticing A-rank Noble Phantasm being blasted off against several Elite Mages. If no one else, someone with Clairvoyance will notice a Noble Phantasm used against several Magus.
Shikhandi Avatar

Shikhandi
TEAM BLACK
Quick Reply