From your new owner

Post by Tanz on Sept 5, 2014 2:56:36 GMT

Jin and Kat are both stepping down, leaving me the only one around. I don't actually have full knowledge of the site so along with having to advertise next week to fill up the vacant slots, this is going to be an extreme challenge.

I intend to continue Catharsis since it's not as if there have been grand events to reconsider. But I know it's going to be a rocky / slow development for everyone so I want to ask more of your patience and cooperation. If you guys could be more active, that would really help. And if you guys have thoughts and suggestions, I'm open ears.

As the new owner of the site, I'm going to say one thing. What I really am not looking forward to have in Catharsis is having to constantly enthuse members to engage in the site. I'm not implying this is the case we have now. I think Catharsis had a splendid start and have gathered talented and friendly roleplayers. But this isn't your back-burner site. This is a special project for you to interact with like-minded writers. The Fate series has a very promising story. We're all aware of that. And right now, if we're to put our mind and hearts into it, we can dream together of something grander and make it into a reality.

Catharsis to me had always been like a gathering of friends, whether they're friends I know or friends I'm about to make. And I imagine that in the midst of work, relationships, and obligations in real life, this is a place for me to always look forward to because there's something awesome we're making here.

It makes me extremely happy seeing people plot with each other. When I feel threads between them going so spectacularly, I feel like I've also made something amazing and I want to keep on cheering them on to continue. So when I remind you guys to post, to be active, it's not as if I'm executing my job like a cold, automated machine. It's because doing is the first step of doing. At times, we don't need to be told. We're inspired to work. At times, we forget, the fire extinguished. We need to keep going and get each other to happily write.

What makes me unhappy is when people treat this place indifferently. This place is special. It does not deserve an uncaring attitude. Show some shame when you haven't been giving it the proper respect.

I want members of this site to visit this place and set it in their heads, "Ah! This place is amazing. I shouldn't let it slip away" and not, “Oh, it's a chill place. It can wait forever.”

I am expecting dedication to this place. It's not a dedication to abandon everything else. Merely a dedication to keep on writing. It always boils down to that, doesn't it? And as writers, we all know that the main problem a writer faces is when he or she stops.

The interest check will be lasting until September 10, five days from now. In light of the staff changes, I want people to keep using the time to think. There would be no hard feelings if you want to leave. I've explained my vision of this site. If this does not suit you, then I thank you for sticking around and good luck with your future endeavors in writing and roleplaying.

Sincerely yours,
Tanz (playing , , , , , )
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
I play Ying Zhemg, Li Xin, Wang Ben, Marcos Amuro, Luca Barany, Kiritsugu Emiya-Yggdm., and Jin.

Post by Altai-Erdene Nergülgiin on Sept 5, 2014 3:47:15 GMT

From your old owner

I want to thank Tanz for being the stone and mortar that has made this site strong. None of you can see the inner workings of this site, but I'm sure you've noticed that I've been in absentia, but she has been ever present. Never doubt that you are in better hands than you were.

My excuses are thus: 1) I grossly overestimated my spare time this semester, 2) I grossly overcommitted myself with the number of threads I've got already, and 3) I'm pretty sure I've done nothing at this site so far to be deserving of a staff position. In short, I fucked up.

I am staying, because I fucking love this site, and I love you guys. Characters will be dropped, but I'll do everything I can to make the ones I keep count. I've always wanted a story-driven rp site, and I wholeheartedly subscribe to Tanz's vision for this place. The enthusiasm that people have brought to the site has been great to see. I still think Catharsis is going places! It's also a hell of a lot more likely to go places without me at the helm.

TL;DR ilu (YES YOU) <3 and tanz is a god

Post by Tanz on Sept 5, 2014 23:27:43 GMT

To give everyone an idea what happens after the canon checking on September 10:

+ Some updates on the character app, because we actually forgot to note that exceptional mages should have extra effects on the Servants. I'll tell you guys all about it next time.

+ We're looking at the possibility that the faction meetings will be rebooted. We'll talk about it if any more spots get cleared

+ Day 2 will be froze until we can get the faction meetings done. As such, people are encouraged to work on their other threads in the meantime.

+ I'm not looking for more staff. I'm thinking of just setting the staff room as a public discussion for all. I think we can each have our input for everything.
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
I play Ying Zhemg, Li Xin, Wang Ben, Marcos Amuro, Luca Barany, Kiritsugu Emiya-Yggdm., and Jin.
Quick Reply