ON ACTIVITY CHECKS

Post by Catharsis on Aug 3, 2014 15:53:33 GMT

TL;DR We don't have activity checks. Instead, Jin will bug you. If he does, please post.

Realistically, I don't expect people to read the rules, but you all should know that we don't have activity checks. Instead, we will send Jin to nag you to post if you go a week or more without posting.

I honestly don't expect people to do more than skim the general rules (after all, they're all the same at every site), but note this part:
02 Be active. We strive for daily replies here. If you can't make that, that's fine, but try to post a few times a week at least.
Activity is not an exact science. A lot of it comes down to Jin's judgment. If you're around in cbox and actively plotting, we can be a bit more lenient because you obviously haven't flaked. There's also activity-per-character to take into consideration. If you have five characters and have posted twice, we have a problem. If you have one character and posted twice, you're okay. Regarding activity-per-character, we expect to see at least one active thread per character; if you take longer than two or three days on average to reply to a thread, you may have too many characters or need a hiatus.

If a week's gone by and you have neither posted a hiatus or notified staff about issues (for example, Wrath posted a hiatus for SDCC, but Blue simply told me that he was going to SDCC), then Jin will be on your doorstep as your neighborhood sad panda. If you need a hiatus, there's no shame in taking one. If you don't and don't post enough, we will nag you.

I call it nagging, but please don't mistake it for nagging. It is effectively the activity check. If you don't post within a reasonable amount of time after Jin talks to you, you're booted. This is especially true in these early stages of the site, because it is easy to retcon out and replace the canons for the first day or two. If you don't want to see Jin the Sad Panda, then stay active!
Catharsis Avatar

Catharsis
STAFF
Catharsis Avatar

Catharsis
STAFF

Post by Tanz on Aug 3, 2014 16:27:17 GMT

For the record, and all of Zheng's familiars may not have an active thread at a time because they're plot devices / npcs. But if they are in a thread (which they all would be at some point), they'll be active and posting and not slow it down.

Tian and Wu are going to come out real soon though! Hopefully. We want to but Vira and I are still waiting for Zheng and Octavian thread to develop. NOT BLAMING YOU JIN. It happens. Just pretend you were in a hiatus for a week.
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
I play Ying Zhemg, Li Xin, Wang Ben, Marcos Amuro, Luca Barany, Kiritsugu Emiya-Yggdm., and Jin.

Post by Catharsis on Aug 3, 2014 16:33:39 GMT

...For clarification, the activity nag regards people sitting on canon spots.

Obviously, if your not-master and not-servant characters are in a thread, we also expect you to be active in those threads, but we don't have a reason to be as stringent for those characters. If there's no reason for them to be in a thread, then that's fine.

Again, I refer to the rules:
03 Non-canon spots. Characters that don't fit anywhere on the canon list are allowed. They can end up becoming central characters, but for the most part, these would be secondary characters, like family members or classmates.
As secondary characters, they should be active whenever they're involved, but they needn't be involved for the entire duration of the war.
Catharsis Avatar

Catharsis
STAFF
Quick Reply