Pepper's Plotters - Julie and Padma

Post by Julie d'Aubigny on Aug 3, 2014 1:09:56 GMT

WOO, PLOTTER.

I'm gonna make this pretty later, but lemme toss up a quick one so that folks post her and whatnot. I got two characters right now - Damayanti Padmanabhan/Padma [Master of Black Saber] and Black Assassin/Julie d'Aubigny. Both are strange people who enjoy doing things with other strange people. Ish.

Julie d'Aubigny :: She's the Assassin of Black and she really, really enjoys messing shit up. She's theatrical as is fitting for an opera singer and hot blooded as is fitting for a swordslady. And she's looking for...

FRIENDS :: She'll probably end up chilling with Team Black most of the time. They seem pretty classy. If you're not on Team Black and you're sufficiently classy, she might be willing to chill with you too.
ENEMIES :: Lots. She brings trouble wherever she goes. Ah well. That's what happens then you're fabulous.
LOVERS :: She's really not a one man/woman kind of gal. Casual flings, though? You betcha. Those are practically required.
OTHER :: She enjoys confident, interesting people who appreciate art.

Damayanti Padmanabhan :: She's basically a demon. Just ten percent, yeah, but given how potent that weird blood of hers is, it sure feels like that percentage is higher. Her Rakshasi blood causes a nightly inversion. In other words, when the sun goes down, she more or less becomes a demonic creature. Since it's been happening for years, she knows by now how to keep a cool head. The Yggdmillennia family is sheltering her right now, but she is only getting to know them now that she's fighting this war on their team. She's pretty chill - easy enough to get along with.

FRIENDS :: She'd love some friends, but she'll without a doubt angst like crazy over the fact that she'll likely have to break off their relationship at some point in order to stay on the run. It might be fun so say she'd met somebody before the war and abruptly ditched - and now she's seeing them for the first time since then.
ENEMIES :: The Mages Association isn't very fond of her just due to her heritage. Other than that, she does her best not to draw attention to herself. She spends a lot of time in bars, though. She probably knows some weirdos.
LOVERS :: She doesn't look it, but she's kind of an old woman. Seeing as she's pushing seventy right now, she tends to shy away from relationships with young folks. Who knows - exceptions might happen. There's the whole "being with me makes you a target" thing, though. She'll never really get over that.
OTHER :: Padma is technically on Team Black, but I can see her having second thoughts as the war progresses. She's never had much in the way of affection for her comrades, but they've been giving her food and shelter in exchange for services, so she's currently allied with them out of necessity.

Julie d'Aubigny Avatar

Julie d'Aubigny
TEAM BLACK

Post by Hector of Troy on Aug 3, 2014 5:04:27 GMT

Okay! So I'm here with some plot ideas?

So first I have Rider of Black, aka Hector of Troy, who might could interact with Julie if she happens to want to join him on patrol or if she sees him around the Black base. He's relatively unsure how to act around women like Julie tbh, and would be especially uncomfortable if she decided he's fun to tease. Usually he's a really stoic guy but I think he'd be fun to mess with, idk. Also, Hector is a Rider so he's good transportation for the Black team in case Julie wants a ride anywhere just. He'll ask for no singing on the chariot please (though he was a fan of ancient Greek theater while alive shhhh).

Next, there's , who is pretending to be Master of Caster and is actually one of his most trusted Generals and a member of the boy band. I think Padma would really fascinate him, due to her demon blood, though he would also be keeping a close eye on her since his main concern is Caster's safety. Stay away from the King though, and I think they'd get along just fine. He's pretty easy going so they could chill and get coffee or smth. He also probably thinks it wise to make friends with a Saber's master, so he'll be nice.
Hector of Troy Avatar

Hector of Troy
TEAM BLACK

Post by Julie d'Aubigny on Aug 3, 2014 5:57:16 GMT

, Oh God I think those two would be hysterical.

Julie will probably make rounds once she’s summoned and go dramatically introduce herself to her teammates. Once she gets wind of the fact that she makes him uncomfortable she will milk that as much as she can purely because she finds it hilarious. She lives to flirt with awkward people and perhaps inspire them to step out of their comfort zone.

However she will take offense to being told that she can’t sing in the chariot. Just to spite him she’s going to arrange an opera rendition of Fancy and practice it only when he’s around.

And yeah, that could be an interesting relationship too. Padma wouldn’t really know what to make of him, I don’t think, but at this point she chocks that up to be a 73 year old wandering hippie and not understanding how the youths operate. Except he’s not really a youth, not that she knows that. She obviously can’t predict that there’s anything up with him, but she may be more comfortable around him than she typically is with kids because he’s…not a kid.

She’s both open to friendships and somewhat paranoid at all times. She wants to make friends but worries that her wanting to do this is going to make her life more difficult given her condition. So she’ll likely be friendly with him but not very forthcoming with information at first.

The likelihood of her trusting a person increases exponentially when they offer to buy her food, though, so we should most definitely put them through some kind of lunchtime convo/coffee break talking/etc.
Julie d'Aubigny Avatar

Julie d'Aubigny
TEAM BLACK

Post by Tanz on Aug 4, 2014 3:59:21 GMT

hello wanna be friends with ? he's a nice man.

He was a mercenary-for-hire for 30 years. I was thinking he might have become involved with Padma's people. On their side. He might have been hired to kill someone who's been on their trail / harassing them / murdered someone. They probably thought he's just after the money for it.
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
I play Ying Zhemg, Li Xin, Wang Ben, Marcos Amuro, Luca Barany, Kiritsugu Emiya-Yggdm., and Jin.

Post by Damayanti Padmanabhan on Aug 4, 2014 4:35:29 GMT

, He is indeed a nice and completely harmless man.

Padma’s folks are honestly kinda spooky. Like, she might be chill, but there’s a reason a lot of her relatives are currently being hunted down – a bunch of them do still eat people. I think Kiri would probably be put off by the majority of them/want to kill the shit out of them, but it’s possible he’s helped Padma herself (and maybe her now-dead cousin) out before since their particular traveling party was one of the less cray cray ones. And she avoids the whole eating people thing.

Maybe back a few years ago (or a lot of years ago – doesn’t matter, Padma’s like 73, so it could have been whenever) she had a pursuer that she couldn’t shake and he helped her out with that? She probably ditched right afterward because she wasn’t sure if she could trust him, but now that he’s kinda sorta working for her team they could meet up again.

Post by Hector of Troy on Aug 4, 2014 6:09:42 GMT

Ah, it's perfect! Please make Hector uncomfortable (and/or slightly annoyed), I promise it's lots of fun. Only a small risk of getting skewered involved. But seriously, please sing to him as much as possible. But an opera rendition of fancy, dear lord that is perfect, Hector will complain so loudly because it will get stuck in his head. In the middle of battle he'll be cursing her name rapping i-g-g-y in his head.

He also might just come to Julie for advice on how to deal with Mulan, since he's utterly lost in the way of emotions and flirting and whatnot. She seems knowledgable about that sort of thing. He won't complain about the singing if she gives him good advice.

As far as Padma and Tian... Paranoid friendship works since Tian is not too keen on making nice with many of the Masters anyway (they're all suspicious in his book). Mutual distrust/maybe eventual trust is good. He does need someone to show him the finer parts modern cuisine as well. Of course he'll buy. They can discuss the other Masters and War tactics while discreetly avoiding direct questions about themselves.

If you want to do a thread with one or both of these, lemme know which one and I could probably throw a starter out sometime?
Hector of Troy Avatar

Hector of Troy
TEAM BLACK

Post by Tanz on Aug 4, 2014 6:19:56 GMT

Damayanti Padmanabhan Avatar
, He is indeed a nice and completely harmless man.

Padma’s folks are honestly kinda spooky. Like, she might be chill, but there’s a reason a lot of her relatives are currently being hunted down – a bunch of them do still eat people. I think Kiri would probably be put off by the majority of them/want to kill the shit out of them, but it’s possible he’s helped Padma herself (and maybe her now-dead cousin) out before since their particular traveling party was one of the less cray cray ones. And she avoids the whole eating people thing.

Maybe back a few years ago (or a lot of years ago – doesn’t matter, Padma’s like 73, so it could have been whenever) she had a pursuer that she couldn’t shake and he helped her out with that? She probably ditched right afterward because she wasn’t sure if she could trust him, but now that he’s kinda sorta working for her team they could meet up again.
I was thinking of him killing Padma's own too at some point. Kiritsugu's probably torn on what to do with them. I KNOW I AM.

But yes that is a nice encounter plot to precede the Grail War. Kiritsugu may or may not be responsible for the deaths of Padma's folks. Probably there was one event at least. Honestly, Kiritsugu might side on the "let's kill them" more so...yeah I think he probably hunted down you guys too c8 maybe...10-12 years ago? That way I can say Kiritsugu stopped because he was contracted by the Association. Otherwise, I imagined he would have hunted the last of your folks.

I think...Kiritsugu didn't help Padma either. Might have just killed the pursuer so that he could use Padma to track down a settlement.

I CAME HERE ACTUALLY THINKING KIRI WOULD BE A NICE GUY BUT I GUESS PADMA HAS EVERY REASON TO BE AFRAID. HEHEHE.
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
I play Ying Zhemg, Li Xin, Wang Ben, Marcos Amuro, Luca Barany, Kiritsugu Emiya-Yggdm., and Jin.

Post by Tanz on Aug 4, 2014 6:28:09 GMT

Hector of Troy Avatar

As far as Padma and Tian... Paranoid friendship works since Tian is not too keen on making nice with many of the Masters anyway (they're all suspicious in his book). Mutual distrust/maybe eventual trust is good. He does need someone to show him the finer parts modern cuisine as well. Of course he'll buy. They can discuss the other Masters and War tactics while discreetly avoiding direct questions about themselves.

If you want to do a thread with one or both of these, lemme know which one and I could probably throw a starter out sometime?

is not leaving Tian alone jsyk. But he can just grunt and be in the background. I've always wanted to RP a wall.
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC

Post by Lemuel Yggdmillenia on Aug 4, 2014 9:39:33 GMT

hi demon woman, ever met someone who's not human either? Well, how about the kiddo you're gonna sacrifice to make your wish? [Or well, the team's gonna do that.] Let's be friends or enemies. Or have a complicated relationship. Either way, hey, here's someone who doesn't really give two shits about the war and just finds it all to be 'destiny.' He accepts everything that's tossed at him. Maybe she could find that utterly irritating and urges him to value his life more than just a vessel? Woah. Character development.

Then let's both go on the run when shit goes bad. That sounds like a fun idea, don't you think?

Post by Damayanti Padmanabhan on Aug 4, 2014 18:27:15 GMT

WOW KIRI, SUDDENLY YOU’RE NOT VERY NICE.

But yeah, I think that works. In a weird way Padma wouldn’t actually blame him for wanting to wipe them out (because they are dangerous) but obviously she doesn’t really want to be wiped out herself. Like, not all of them are vicious sociopaths, but enough are that she can definitely understand why nobody’s really feeling like taking a chance on them. Still, she’d feel pretty bad about having led some crazy dude to them (if she even knows for sure that that’s what happened).

Maybe she got into a scuffle with whoever was chasing after her and he was somehow involved in that. She wound up injured or something during the fight and went back to where a few of her cousins were hiding in order to get patched up (without realizing that she was being followed). And then he got rid of said cousins.

If she knows he did it she’ll be rightfully nervous about working anywhere near him. If she doesn’t, she’ll just assume the Association got to them and think she was lucky to have gotten out in time to avoid that.

Ohoho. I actually really like that idea.
I had thought about making Padma completely just ditch the Team Black at some point once she starts to realize that she’s not really about their message, and her relationship with this little dude could potentially be the reason she’s not about it.

Like, don’t get me wrong, she really wants her wish, but meeting the kid who has to kick the bucket in order for her to get her wish might inspire her to find another way to it. As weird and isolated as she is, she’s also an older lady with this pent up need to be big sister-y for somebody. She’d really hate his attitude, try to help him change it…and then yeah, possibly end up going on the run with him

Because #YOLO.

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS
JUST TO SCREW
MULAN

NeverletJuliehearthatsong.

She can certainly go all Doctor Love and explain how romance is done. She can’t promise he won’t be injured in the process, but she can promise results.

Hell yeah, let’s thread.
Hmmm.
I can start a Julie bothering Hector thread somewhere (the question is where).
And then we can put Padma and Tian in a similar vague somewhere to chat it up.

Post by Lemuel Yggdmillenia on Aug 5, 2014 4:16:04 GMT

Heck yes. 

I highly doubt that she'll be able to change his mind anytime soon, but she's more than free to interact with him and vice versa? He's gonna be chilling back and watching everyone kill themselves. But yes. Let's have a thread and thread out how it'll go?

I could make a thread. What day you want? 8u

Post by Hector of Troy on Aug 5, 2014 17:38:43 GMT

OKAY LET'S THREAD

We could do Day -1, after all the Battle of 100 Mages stuff goes down? Since Heector wasn't a big part of the Battle, Julie might want to meet him? Idk. If she's singing, he would approach her to be quiet probably.
they should totally watch disney mulan together

If you want to start the Julie and Hector thread, that would be cool (if not, I could do it, lemme know c: ). I could start the one with Padma and Tian some time? That could take place later probably. Just ignore the big hulking servant following him around.

Hector of Troy Avatar

Hector of Troy
TEAM BLACK

Post by Hector of Troy on Aug 5, 2014 20:09:47 GMT

Hmm, we would probably have to do it during the War because Tian and Wu weren't summoned immediately... Maybe Day 1? I guess it depends on what Padma/Nakula are doing, we could totally switch that around so it works for the timeline. Maybe they go get breakfast, since there's no fighting during the day.

And ofc Nakula should definitely come, so long as that's okay with Merlin! The more the merrier, we gotta make these encounters as awkward as possible after all.

Hector of Troy Avatar

Hector of Troy
TEAM BLACK
Quick Reply