Cut the lights

Post by Celest Vermillion on Aug 1, 2014 18:19:57 GMT

i.imgur.com/Qq7kxfk.png
Celest had never really been bothered by plane rides, in fact if anything they were just annoying because of all the people and the long lines. But, once she was actually on the plane and the world was silent, ever one doing their own thing. Celest appreciated the time to think, and right now she really needed it. She was about to enter something that she may not come out alive from.. not that she'd ever let anyone have the satisfaction of taking her down. 

Her eyes were staring out the window, as she heard people shuffle inside the plane behind her and hide their bags into the slots. People seemed to get really annoying when it came to flying, everything had to be perfect. It was so annoying that people just had to be perfect for everything. Sure they were paying money, but it wasn't like anyone was TRYING to make their day hell. Unlike customers.

But to be honest, the worst part was when children would get bored and cry. Luckily though, this was a long flight so if anything there might be one or two kids, even parents wouldn't want to have to put up with that for hours. Still, sometimes you've got a few dummies who think it's okay to bring kids on a flight. Honestly..

Okay, maybe she was just a little grouchy from the long waiting. She really needed to cheer up, she went and opened up her bag and pulled out a book, that was all about the holy grail. Well, more like King Arthur's quest for it rather then the one she's about to go on.

(I rambled a lot sorry - )

Post by Marcos Amuro on Aug 3, 2014 9:27:42 GMT

i.imgur.com/5iPBS.gif
Exhausted. Tired. Marcos was used to travelling but the internal baggage he was carrying made him drag his soul. He wasn't off to see the world. He was off to join a war.

The events several hours ago was still fresh in his mind. He felt like he had hardly slept on the last flight. He didn't think it was going to be better on this next one but Marcos was going to try. He was going to need all the rest that he could.

"I've got more than enough prana too," Marcos thought, closing his eyes for a second to focus. "I thought a Servant might take more, but while Archer is in spirit form there doesn't seem to be any problem."

Marcos climbed aboard the plane. As soon as he did, he felt a surge of prana inside. Another magus? Marcos scanned the passengers on the seats as he passed through the aisle. The magus was really strong or...could this be a Servant?

Today was the day they were going to gather in Taixuan, China. He didn't think he'd be meeting a fellow Master prior to arriving. And what was more, he was getting close to his seat. The presence was also getting stronger.

Marcos turned to his chair, stopping to face a young woman he did not recognize. She was definitely the Master.

"Hello." He didn't know if he should smile to an associate, but out of instinct, he did. "I'm Marcos Amuro. It's a small world, isn't it?" He chuckled lethargically.

Marcos Amuro Avatar

Marcos Amuro
TEAM RED

Post by Celest Vermillion on Aug 3, 2014 18:11:36 GMT

i.imgur.com/Qq7kxfk.png
Celest's reading was interrupted by a sudden voice, a young boy was next to her she looked over to see a young boy, stating his name. Marcos? Oh man that was a name as one of the masters on her team. She'd probably be able to feel him if it weren't for the fact that she just wasn't that talented as a magus. But.. he was so young. She looked at him nervously, and nodded.

"Oh, are you sitting here?" She stated confused, just more surprised then anything. She moved over her bag so that it gave him more room. Normally, Celest wouldn't be kind enough to do something like that. But.. this kid knew her feelings and he was so much younger. Honestly it kind of pissed Celest off. Why the hell was he going into the war?

"Oh, my name is Celest by the way." She added nodding to him. "Er.. Celest Vermillion I guess." She corrected herself, since he gave her his last name she guessed she should do the same. She didn't return his smile, she wasn't going to be that nice to the kid.

"Yeah.. small world.." She looked at him, then finally just decided to ask. "So uh, why is a little kid like you a part of this?" She asked, obviously annoyed. Still, it probably came off as she didn't want him around. Which was true, she didn't want a kid to have to go through this crap. "You're not like some amazing child prodigy are you?" She questioned him, annoyed that anyone would put their child in this situation. Like seriously what the heck?

Post by Marcos Amuro on Aug 3, 2014 23:29:49 GMT

i.imgur.com/1vmxJ.gif
Marcos nodded and said a quick thanks as he moved to sit down beside her. He paid attention, slowly putting down his bag down on the floor while keeping eye contact. Vermillion? He'd never heard of that family before.

It didn't bother Marcos that Celest wasn't anymore welcoming than just moving her bag away. It flew past his notice; he didn't think there was that much meaning behind it.

"Ah, no." Marcos smiled with embarrassment, casting his eyes down quickly. He knew he'd get that question but he didn't expect it to be asked so directly. Maybe it was only natural. If a kid were joining a team of elite magi, Marcos supposed he couldn't blame her for being concerned.

Marcos pushed his smile away. The smile wanted to stay just to burn some away of the awkwardness but it wasn't going to make a good impression. He steadied his gaze down, focusing on his open palm on the rest.

"There were complications during the summoning," he answered quietly. "I'm his replacement."

Marcos Amuro Avatar

Marcos Amuro
TEAM RED

Post by Celest Vermillion on Aug 10, 2014 15:19:34 GMT

i.imgur.com/Qq7kxfk.png
Oh, well that made Celest feel a little better about the mage association's choices. But a little worse for the kid, hopefully they might give him a break and let him stay on the side lines. She nodded at him, shaking her head sadly. "How obnoxious." She said bluntly. With a sigh, she looked at her book, figuring the boy was already done with the conversation.

Then, her eyes went back to him, something about him just made Celest want to send him back on the plane, far away from here and the war. Knowing that he'd probably just get on the next one though meant that any plan that would keep him here would just be temporary. She'd have to think of another way to keep the kid safe.

"Hey," She started up the conversation again. "I mean I get it, just because you're a kid doesn't mean you're not necessarily capable.. but everyone needs help sometimes. So, if you need it don't hesitate to ask. This.. this is a dangerous mission and I'd rather not see a kid get killed." She spoke bluntly, yeah it was kind of bold of her to already offer it, and well.. just a little out of character for her 'I don't care about shit' facade. But, man it was just a kid.

Celest never smiled or returned any of them, not because she wasn't greatful for it she just.. she doesn't smile anymore. It doesn't happen, she wasn't really sure when or how it happened, but whatever maybe she was broken at this point. 

Post by Marcos Amuro on Aug 10, 2014 17:48:09 GMT

Marcos was not expecting anything less harsh but who would have thought that two words could make such an impact? He not only felt humiliated, but also foolish, incredibly foolish for greeting one of the elites the Association had sent with shameless familiarity. What was he thinking acting like he was part of the plan?

At least it had been short. Marcos leaned back, thinking of resting as he had planned but he felt very self-conscious and debated over it. Should he read a book too? But God, he was really tired. It was already taking all his effort not to space out.

And spacing out he did. He did not immediately realize Celest was speaking to him, making him nervous yet calm at the same time. He was a burden but he wanted to show that he was going to make the effort. No matter how tired he felt, Marcos was going to try.

It took a moment. He doubted what he heard the first time, but after running it once in his head, Marcos was certain Celest was expressing sympathy. It confused Marcos, but she sounded genuine. He was still considering wisely what to say but he knew there was something he needed to tell her first.

"Thank you." He did not smile. It was a sincere gratitude from the bottom of his heart and he honoured her thoughts solemnly. "It might sound presumptuous of me, but I...know what I'm involved in. I understand how important it is to retrieve the Grail."

Marcos thought what to say next. What should he say about a kid getting killed? Because, realistically, that could happen. It could happen to anyone.

"I will ask for help," Marcos said, feeling his anxiety shoot from his heart and out of his mouth. There was a rush of adrenaline pounding in his weak, fatigued body Marcos felt he was going to crash if he tried to stand up. The exhaustion was catching up on him. He feared he was not thinking properly anymore but right now, he felt sure about what he was saying. He felt this was what he should be asking of Celest.

"I could use all the help that I could get, Miss Celest."

He wanted to carry his own weight somehow. He did not want to die or caused the death of one of the Masters. But the truth was he could and Marcos could not pretend he was confident or strong. He needed help. He need all the help that he could have. 

Marcos Amuro Avatar

Marcos Amuro
TEAM RED

Post by Celest Vermillion on Aug 18, 2014 1:15:02 GMT

Celest looked at the roof of the plane for a long moment, thinking about what Marcos said. It was important that they got the grail, sure. But Celest was never really in it for the grail, mostly to just get back at the people who had wronged her all her life. "Getting the grail.. isn't worth getting a kid killed for." She replied simply, nodding as he said he'd ask her for help.

Honestly, it made her feel a lot better. If she could get through this whole thing without having the kid die on her, it'd be a victory for her. Even if the others got the grail. Well, maybe not she wouldn't let them look at her as weak or manipulative.

"I think I heard a saying once saying something like, It takes a strong man to do things on his own. It takes a wise man to ask for help when he needs it." She added hoping he'd keep that in his head, even if she worded it kind of poorly. She sighed softly hoping that he stuck to his word.

"Also, I don't like being called Miss Celest, just Celest is fine. Don't worry about it. Honestly, I'm probably not all that older then you so Miss isn't.. necessary at all." She nodded at him hoping he'd respect her wish to keep things informal between her and her team mates  and possible friends.

"So.. Marcos. Do you have any hobbies or anything that you're into?" She asked, realizing that it was probably going to be a long flight and she might as well get to know one of her team mates since she had the chance.

Post by Marcos Amuro on Aug 20, 2014 4:11:05 GMT

He didn't pause to guess what Celest's age might be. She did look rather young, but from Marcos' experience women never seemed to be as old as they look.

He nodded back in acknowledgement of her wishes. "Sorry. I'll call you Celest then. But I think you're right. I'm far from a wise man but if it's something a wise man would do, it sounds like the wisest thing to do."

It wasn't as if Marcos had never tried asking for help his entire life. He had nothing to prove that way. But never had he been plunged to a situation where the stakes were high enough to change the world and set the course of history forever. It was too much for a sixteen-year-old. Celest seemed to know that too but it surprised him to hear her value his life over the Grail. Did she have a younger brother around Marcos' age?

Breathing easier around his fellow Master, Marcos relaxed in his seat and comfortably closed his eyes in Celest's company.

"Uh - I read and write journals. I grew up travelling around the world, chronicling all the sights and people I've seen. Even though I was just a child, my memory was very vivid. I found it strange settling down, but I continued on writing. I'd sit in the park and write my observations and musings, find something extraordinary among the mundane. There's a lot things you end up learning."

Marcos had an easy time explaining it to Celest. It was a topic close to his heart and an explanation he had polished and practice over the multiple times people had asked him what his hobby was. It became an automated respond for Marcos but without the robotic monotone of repetition. He's proud of what he does.

Marcos Amuro Avatar

Marcos Amuro
TEAM RED
Quick Reply