we face our enemy together

Post by Nimue on Jul 29, 2014 12:29:46 GMT

Someone brought her coffee. Before that, Caster was asked how she wanted her coffee by some hotel attendant, which only resulted in her staring blankly at the poor soul until she was prompted for her preference of milk and sugar.

Her coffee arrived black as sin and bitter like defeat. She'd never had coffee before, but Caster rather liked the flavor.

They were on one of the middling floors of a towering hotel, hidden in a ostentatious but not terribly large conference room with no windows. Caster could sense a few familiars around, and she could only assume that the Yggdmillenias will find a way (if they hadn't already) to access the security footage. Still, it wasn't the easiest room to access. Caster wasn't the only magus that had placed a boundary field over the room to hide them from scrying, but hers was certainly the most powerful.

It could be more secure, but at least the room was mostly safe. It was a busy hotel, host to various businessmen and foreign guests. They wouldn't be attacked here. (The safest place of all, and definitely safe from unwelcome eyes, would've been Avalon itself, but looking around the room, Caster wasn't about to invite all these people home.)

Caster hadn't called this meeting. She wasn't sure who had. Nadia hadn't said anything more than that they should attend, and then Nadia promptly failed to show up, leaving Caster to represent the two of them on her own.

She drank her coffee, took the time to savor the taste, and then she spoke, "My master would like for me to send her deepest apologies. She has been detained. There's no helping it unfortunately--save by foresight, but it's too late for that, alas."

[ For the record, Nadia is guarding the perimeter of the building against Black intruders. ]
Nimue Avatar

Nimue
TEAM RED

Post by Luca Bárány on Jul 29, 2014 16:41:25 GMT

Detained? From behind the Magician's Mask, Luca pulled his scrutiny away from the Russian woman he did not recognize to Caster, who drank black coffee in an eerily mundane manner. The Brand with Caster. It was poetic as it were useful. The Brand had the most excessive Magic Circuits than they would ever need, something a Caster would happily capitalize on.

"It's unfortunate," Luca voiced his agreement from his seat right beside Csilla. He knew for certain that Nadia was not occupied right now. "Let's hope she shows more prudence in the future. Her behaviour is not a comforting sign."

Luca then leaned toward Csilla, speaking quietly to her. "Listen very well, Csilla. You will be interacting with this group in the duration of the Holy Grail War. For tonight, you are to merely observe and confer to me should you have questions or thoughts you wish to say to the others."

It was not Luca's purpose to get involved but with Csilla still inexperienced with the social nature of humans, it was best for her to learn from the sidelines first. She was not well-equipped in understanding the mind of people yet, much less have her engaging in the delicate matter of the war. This was also a good opportunity for him to asses the other Masters. Although he trusted himself to be capable of protecting Csilla from harm, he did not want to trip over the blunder of a single fool. Csilla's consciousness, though precious, was still not as important as his own life.

-- OR
Luca Bárány Avatar

Luca Bárány
TEAM RED
→ Profile

Post by Csilla Bárány on Aug 1, 2014 20:33:23 GMT

i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/_Bluechan/Hidden%20FCs/Olivia/070.png
She wondered silently if this feeling was something like nervousness. She pressed back onto her crest, dredging up years of her past lives, to see if this was something she’d experienced before. Ironically, the closest mimic had to do with Nadia Brand, she whom was being discussed right that very moment. Once upon a time, Csilla had tutored the prodigy. Sitting across from the vivacious human had felt very much like this, only this situation was about a hundred times more intense. So many people, so many intense sets of eyes.

Csilla made sure she was sitting perfectly upright, hands in her lap - a pose she seemed to assume any time she wasn’t sure how to react. ‘Look proper and serene, especially when you are uncertain.’ She couldn’t remember whom had instilled that particular idea into her now. Everything about this situation was making her remember the past, and perhaps it was because she had leaned so heavily into that lifetime, that now Nadia’s presence would have been a welcome relief. Something familiar, even if this version of herself had yet to meet the enforcer. And it was likely also due to this that listening to the others talking ill about Nadia made Csilla’s jaw clench somewhat.

Luca’s familiar-yet-not voice was then in her ear, and she listened obediently. She knew him from quite a long while ago, and had traveled through a few lifetimes without having met him again. It was at times like this that she wished her assimilation could go more quickly, for the strange sense of déjà vu this man gave her was somewhat unsettling. This current self was the first one to see him as an adult as well, and so her memories of him did not do her much good. It was like speaking with a well known stranger.
It was very difficult to put the sensation into words.

She nodded ever so slightly to him, acknowledging his order. She doubted she’d know what to say in this situation in any case. Listening, watching, and memorizing everything. That was something she knew how to do, something she excelled at. For now, it was rather comforting to be allowed to remain silent.

Post by Teele Gabel on Aug 3, 2014 20:06:46 GMT

In his seat, Teele clicked his tongue in irritation; there was nothing but disadvantage written all over the current situation - Nadia, despite his confidence that she wasn't where Caster claimed, was still absent, and nothing a servant could do would suffice as complete substitution. It didn't particularly help that she was also someone he knew well enough to trust - sitting next to complete strangers while staring into a sea of unfamiliar eyes was unnerving. Sense and duty and dedication to the cause was only to be expected, but he was sure that there were many around that didn't think the same. Just how many of them had ulterior motives?

"Enough. I trust you will pass everything discussed today onto her, regardless." Father had once said that failure wasn't an option, teaching the Gabel family's personal code while breaking every one of them with his research. Those of the Gabel always regret straying from that code, but father had not repented anything, engraved his name as a failure among timeless generations of perfection before him. He refused to continue father's legacy, and the first step towards that was to turn this two sided coin-toss of death and winning in his favor.

The past had taught that tradition was tradition for a reason, and to stray meant being prepared to take on any consequences that followed. This particular meeting wasn't tradition, but it was practical, and to waste too much time on meaningless events that couldn't be changed was to throw that all away. "Why have we been summoned here today? I was under the impression that something important was to come from this convergence." Father had faced unprecedented consequences that he didn't repent from, but Teele wasn't planning on taking on any consequences to begin with, especially not this early.

Times like this demanded action, not 'small talk' and coffee. If things continued down this path, then they were surely doomed from the very start.

Teele Gabel Avatar

Teele Gabel

Post by Svetlana Dmitriyeva on Aug 5, 2014 6:04:08 GMT

She wasn't particularly interested in the meeting -- not in the absence of Miss Hero, or in the strange masked man and his colorful companion, or even in the strangely irritated blond boy. The woman reclined in her chair, leaning back on its two rear legs.

Honestly, Svetlana wasn't markedly invested in the ragtag group the Association gathered, if only because it looked like the so-called 'team' was already falling apart at the seams. (But the opportunity to participate in the famed Grail War didn't arrive every day, so she tried her best to keep her disdain off of her face.)

The mercenary kicked her feet up and the chair returned to all fours with a loud thunk. "Well," she began, turning her vaguely sardonic gaze on Teele, "I'm not too sure, but I'd think knowing the people you'll be fighting with is rather important."

She clicked her tongue. "At least do the introductions before we get to planning the killing, right?"

Post by Luca Bárány on Aug 5, 2014 7:42:42 GMT

Luca didn't like the Russian woman but what troubled him more was the person who had put her here. Or the how for that matter. He couldn't quite tell if she were purposely acting insolent or if she had come here so thoughtlessly - so shamelessly without knowing in whose presence she was joining.

"To us of the main families chosen by the Association, it is unnecessary. We have been long acquainted through our lineage. It is quite all right to be ignorant, but perhaps you can enlighten us of your circumstances, madam?" He gazed at Svetlana from the mask, neither threatening nor aggressive but the insinuation was thick. "What family are you from?"

Luca didn't live trying to uphold status quo but he wouldn't go as far to saying that it did not matter. There were invisible powers playing behind every action, most of which they were not even aware of. For the functionality of the organization, they had to be made transparent. Nadia's absence was concerning because she was a magus of importance, backed by history no person could recreate alone in one lifetime. Her value in exchange of certain people within this room was infinitely higher. Unfortunately, it seemed only he and the Gabel magus were aware of this.

Luca Bárány Avatar

Luca Bárány
TEAM RED
→ Profile

Post by Svetlana Dmitriyeva on Aug 15, 2014 1:53:30 GMT

She blinked. "Oh. Oh, my." Her blood-red lips curve up in a smile. "My sincerest apologies for my ... ignorance." How nice it must be, she thought, to have been carefully hand-picked by the Association.

(Hand-picked by the Association to die.)

The woman waved a flippant hand through the air. "A minor family, alas -- so minor, in fact, that I'm the only one left." A true tragedy. "So I suppose you wouldn't know of me at all, but that's of no consequence." Relative anonymity was fine with her, at least for the moment.

She smiled again. "But introductions are still in order, considering how ignorant I am and all that." The woman shrugged. "Or we could skip them entirely and perhaps one day I'll be enlightened enough to know everyone here by their lovely names."

Svetlana put her boots back up on the table and leaned back, not particularly invested in the outcome either way.

(someone tell me who i'm supposed to be tagging? also i have no idea what's spewing from her mouth i'm so so so sorry)

Post by Luca Bárány on Aug 15, 2014 3:09:44 GMT

A minor family? Luca found that he could believe that. Many competent mages were lost during the battle in Taixuan but it wasn't as if one's family prestige was a telling sign of superb ability. Luca have found more inept mages among the prominent clans compared to the smaller ones - such as the dying bloodlines housed in Yggdmillenia, which often had rare talent that had simply stopped breeding for various reasons.

But the woman had avoided giving a name. Luca knew he would find out eventually but it was not a very usual behaviour for a magus. A person from the minor family should be more eager to share his or her name to achieve prominence. Was this woman a freelancer?

Luca wasn't going to fall into her taunts, but he wasn't going to concede to the sarcasm either. He had said his piece and this wasn't really his problem anymore. He crossed his arms, silently giving the floor for the other mages. How were they going to react?

(when in doubt, tag everyone)
Luca Bárány Avatar

Luca Bárány
TEAM RED
→ Profile

Post by Nimue on Aug 22, 2014 20:46:24 GMT

Nimue coughed, too pointedly to be a simple clearing of the throat. She didn't rise, but she leaned forward but barely, folding her hands in front of her on the table. "If introductions are in order, then please, allow me to go first. However, I ask that everyone here understand this: I act on the command and counsel of my Master. That we are willing to divest the secret of my identity is proof of our good faith. We share my name without asking anything in return. This is our trust, placed unto you; you need not return it."

Caster of Red trusted no one. If anything, sharing her name was just as much arrogance as it was trust. It was inevitable; as soon as Nadia drew Excalibur, her identity would become obvious, and Caster had enough respect for heroic spirits that she did not even consider that Nadia might never have to draw her sword. If her name could buy her even an ounce of trust--an ounce of peace and teamwork--then it would be a fine purchase indeed.

She was also acting entirely on her own discretion. She assumed that'd be alright. Her Master didn't seem like the sort of person that would mind. If she did, then it was always better to apologize afterward than to ask permission before.

Caster rose from her seat. It was proper to stand when giving one's name. She smiled, too polite to be either genuine or dishonest. "I am Nimue, Lady of the Lake. I learned magic, arcane and divine, from the magus Merlin. I speak for Nadia of the House of Brand, now my chosen wielder of Excalibur."

Nimue did not bow, but she inclined her head, for a second lowered her gaze, and that was more respect than many heroes would show to a table of mortals quibbling over a drinking cup.

(not sure which of you is supposed to go first?)
Nimue Avatar

Nimue
TEAM RED

Post by Marcos Amuro on Aug 22, 2014 22:21:17 GMT

As if Caster revealing her own identity weren't a shock enough, Marcos also learned that another magus was wielding the legendary Noble Phantasm of King Arthur, the most celebrated hero of Britain. He'd heard that some surviving Noble Phantasms could be used by a modern magus, but Excalibur would be on a scale of its own. Was a connection with Nimue an explanation, or could it be pure talent?

Looking at his fellow Masters in the room, Marcos felt overwhelmed at the thought that each of these mages had brought with them a secret power of the same level. As expected of the elites gathered by the Association. He froze, sensing something that was not quite right. Marcos scanned the room again and the confusion was cemented further.

There were seven Masters, one being represented by Caster. But including the Lady of the Lake, there were only six Servants.

"Oh." Briefly, he was reassured. "Assassin would be one of them. I couldn't sense them." But Marcos, though already convinced, pinpointed which Master had the Assassin Servant. His eyes fell on the masked man from the House of Bárány...then on the girl beside him.

Who's she?

(/tags anyone. And I think Tier posts first. Maybe cycle through everyone first?)
Marcos Amuro Avatar

Marcos Amuro
TEAM RED

Post by Luciel 'Tier' Fraoude on Aug 31, 2014 1:13:45 GMT

A strange sound, a wailing wind.  It felt only like a second, but the torment lasted years.  Bodies tense, joints stiff.  No means of escape.  Their only solace was when they lost consciousness it would all be over.  The torment ends, the terrors subsides.  But a fear deep down gripped their heart and lungs.  What might their subconscious have in store for them too?

--------

A lone passenger in an elevator rode upwards at a mind-numbingly slow pace for his own standards.  He tapped his foot impatiently as he went over his notes to try to keep himself busy.  His perception was strained at best and his ability to comprehend the words on the small pages of his black notebook was lost for the time being.  He was attempting to take in visual and audio cues from two different sources.  One was below in the security room, the other in his destination.

The black fox, Hakuzo, accelerated the process of his bounded field.  His illusions and basic memory manipulation magic was having less the satisfactory effects on the guards.  He could release his breath when the last guard finally tipped over and feel into a restless sleep.  It was short work for the spirit to utilize one of the unconscious men and proceed to disable the majority of the cameras in the hotel.

Meanwhile, the white fox, Kojoro, watched little masters bicker as their patience grew thin.  She did what she could to obstruct the camera in their meeting hall in the event that his work in the security room was not enough.  She fed him the information he needed to know exactly what conversations the chosen magi had to preoccupy themselves.  Luciel was certain that the other servants were aware of her presence with Caster perhaps being the most aware.  He was relieved that none of them acted too harshly without explanation.

The silver-haired magus left the elevator with long strides when the doors finally opened.  His methods for securing their room were 'crude,' but he had limited resources available.  Not to mention he despised this surveillance technology that was more troublesome than any number of bounded fields for him to disable.  Regardless, he had made his guests wait far too long and it left a sour taste in his mouth.

The doors to the spacious meeting room opened for a few brief seconds.  Luciel strode in with his eyes sharp and his features like stone.  He looked over the various magi seated around the table.  He knew most of their names, a brief history of their families, what courses they had studied, what magics may interest them.  However, none of this data mattered when it came to the unpredictable element of human nature.  He would have to study them personally to be able to grasp what they were capable of.

He stopped near a vacant seat, but he did not sit down.  He pulled the chair aside and stood next to the edge of the table.  He raised a hand to his mouth to clear his throat before speaking.

"I'll start by welcoming each of you.  I am pleased that my summons were not ignored.  I must apologize for my tardiness.  I had hoped that the time would have been used in a productive manner."

His voice held no excess emotions.  He could be best described as a stern father who was disappointed in his children.  He gloved hand did a short wave before ending in front of Caster, palm up.

"It is a rare opportunity indeed to be graced by the presence of Nimue.  Allow me to say, it is reassuring to have such a competent magus as the Caster of our team.  Perhaps if I had allowed more time to pass the others would have followed your example."

His gaze returned to the magi in front of him.  His brow furrowed ever so slightly.  Irritation.  It was the briefest motion and it lasted but a few stray seconds before receding.

"I am Luciel Fraoude, esteemed magi of the Fraoude line who have celebrated two hundred years of progress.  It is a drop in comparison to some families within Clocktower, however the Fraoude family holds the rank of Marquis.  I am the adviser sent by the Mage's Association to watch over you seven masters.  I have had a hand in orchestrating the events that lead each one of you here." 

He stepped away and begin walking in a slow circle around the table.  His eyes would fall on the seated individual across the table from him.  His eyes bore into them, studying their every motion for signs of weakness and emotion.  Anything that would betray their inner thoughts to him.

"You all are aware of your position here.  You are Masters of this Holy Grail War.  Keepers of complex seals that grant you a privilege few have.  You command the ethereal likenesses of ancient heroes to do battle.  If this were seventy years ago you may have all been competing against one another in hopes to fill the cup with your own desires." 

His volume rose as he continued. 

"That, as you each should know, is not the case.  If not for the sacrifice of dozens of lives, you would not be sitting in this room.  You would not have the seals on your hands.  You would be living safer lives, I'm sure, but that is not the case here.  You each were given a task by the Mage's Association and you accepted.  This is not some game for your amusement or a runaway dream for you to chase."

He finally completed his circle around the table.  He placed his hands on the table.

"The Yggdmillenia Family has twisted the thin virtues this attempt to reach the origin of magic had.  I do not know what they plan to do with this device, but the Mage's Association cannot allow it to happen.  You are not here for your personal agendas.  You are here to serve a larger purpose.  You could be preventing a catastrophe that lies just beyond the horizon.  So I would hope you would treat this with a bit more prudence."

He let silence fill the room for a short time.  The soft sounds of discomfort.  Exactly as it should be.

"We are a team and I would like to see you act like one.  I may not have hand picked each and every one of you, but I did give my approval for your roles.  I saw the potential this team had.  It's time to start acting like one."

He finally retrieved his chair and took a seat.  He opened his small black notebook.  He would look down at it and back up at an individual seated at the table.  He did this several times before focusing again.

"It is time for this team to acquaint itself.  We have no need for secrets here, but we have no need for your vendettas either.  You can speak for yourselves or I will speak for you.  We must know what each of us is capable of.  I trust this will lead to some cooperation amongst you."

---------------------------

, , , , , , , , and anybody else who wants to.

Note: I apologize for the gross tardiness of this post.  I hope we can get past it and work through it.

Post by Csilla Bárány on Aug 31, 2014 23:03:03 GMT

i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/_Bluechan/Hidden%20FCs/Olivia/070.png
Understanding of humans was welling up from past lifetimes, as she pressed into her crest, further and further, straining to grasp all the information pertinent to this situation. It was a bit straining at best, but the act alone was enough to help keep her calm. It was like being in a half-trance, part of her consciousness still in the room, while the other half wandered through 50 years worth of lifetimes, wading through dreams.

If nothing else, she was aware of the tension in the room. She didn’t quite grasp why it was so, but as she’d been ordered to keep quiet in any case, all she could do was sit awkwardly still. Hearing the namedrop of Nimue only dredged up knowledge of the myths and legends, which she was not sure was particularly useful as of now. If everything was true as written, that meant Nimue was somebody to probably not trust, or at least that was Csilla’s understanding of it. She herself had no particular feelings toward the Servant one way or another.

A few rapid blinks were all that accompanied Marcos’ stare, which she held for a moment before realizing it was perhaps not polite to stare right into his eyes. She looked away, and wondered idly who exactly he was. Everyone here seemed important to a certain degree, and while in her mind there was a cursory list of information about many major families, she did not recognize any of them at the table. She must have not met any of them in her previous lives, otherwise she’d at least be able to piece together that much.

The sudden arrival of the last man caused her to jump slightly in her seat, and she watched him with unabashed curiosity. His name, though she had no personal contact with it, did illicit some knowledge in that textbook way of hers. That family name held a certain degree of authority within the Association, which would explain his manner of speaking and overall demeanor here. She continued to watch him as he spoke and circled with wide-eyed innocence. His intense stare met hers and she didn’t flinch, instead too curious as to what he was trying to accomplish. Could staring at others bring about some degree of knowledge? Perhaps she should have stared back at the dark haired gentleman (Marcos) more earlier!

At the end of Luciel’s speech, Csilla fidgeted somewhat and glanced at her escort. She still assumed Luca would be speaking for her, as he said. Though now she wondered if that was perhaps for the best? Luciel already seemed rather displeased with everyone as it was, and she did not wish to force Luca into an uncomfortable situation were it not necessary.

Post by Luca Bárány on Sept 2, 2014 9:34:05 GMT

It had been beyond Luca's imagination for Caster to divulge a Servant's most guarded secret to everyone. But giving it further thought, he realized it was perhaps inevitable. This was no ordinary holy war. For seven pairs to work against another team of seven, the standard rules of secrecy would no longer apply. Either they follow Caster's example or come to a mutual agreement on keeping secrets.

It didn't matter for Luca. He wasn't going to offer Berserker's true name like Caster had unless he would get the identity of the other five Servants in return. That was a more reasonable price than betting on kindling some trust in Luca's opinion.

"Still," he thought, staring contemplatively at Caster, "The disciple of Merlin, one of the greatest mages of all time..." Thoughts raced in his head but knowing full-well his chances, he was forced to quickly abandon them. A seething frustration, masked by perfect indifference, boiled quietly in him.

It was unfortunate. Maybe he could pin his hopes on the Caster the Yggdmillenia had summoned.

Immersed in his deep albeit short-lived thoughts, Luca was oblivious to the young Amuro that had taken interest on Csilla's presence. When the door swung open and a tall, dignified man waltzed in, brazenly scanning each of the attendees as he stood before his chosen seat, Luca's attention had been diverted. He didn't recognize the man but he instantly knew that this was the person who could answer the Gabel magus' question. As he looked at him, Luca received an unexpected reaction.

Ah. He was probably...

“From the Mage's Association,” Luca thought dryly. The man called Luciel proceeded to orate on their purpose and the war. He must have been spying on them but somehow it had gone unnoticed from Luca. Fraoude...it did ring a bell.

It seemed like the meeting was to officially begin but weren't they still short on one Master? Luca noticed Csilla's discomfort and appeared as if she wanted to say something.

“Hm? Csilla, is something wrong?” he asked quietly.

(Dan-Dan, I went with Lucy having heard of Luca refusing the Association's call to retrieve the Grail. You haven't replied to my plot post so I assumed you're ok with it. If not, I can just edit that line out.)
Luca Bárány Avatar

Luca Bárány
TEAM RED
→ Profile

Post by Innesviel von Einzbern on Sept 3, 2014 13:44:29 GMT

"…and in light of the dissatisfying results, please allow us to offer you him, Father. That is the only thing we can do to help."

"A second Material…? Indeed…. that could bring unforeseen results….”

"Yes. Yes. Please, Father, please accept our offering. He is the only thing we have."

"….What say the mother?"

"That… ah, we both have agreed and… there would be no need for further inquiry and...."

"Speak."

"……… The truth is, Father, she is not in a condition to accept or deny anything right now."

"I see…. You both have exceeded my expectations”

"Thank you, Father."

There would be certainly be much discussion after The Overseer’s bold words. There would be some voiced thoughts, denials, and perhaps even a slight debate. Among the voices that were discussing the fate of Taixuan, the little steps that were coming closer and closer towards the room sounded insignificant. These steps did not carry with them the weight of the Overseer’s position, nor did they carry the mature seriousness of the Marquess. They were light and fast, almost dancing, and as they stopped in front of the closed doors no one would suspect anything of importance.

But for the owner of those steps, in terms of importance she certainly thought she was one level above all currently present.

The door swung open. A little voice chimed in the room.

“Oh, everyone’s already here! And Sir Fraoude, too!”

Red eyes sparkling like twin rubies, the petite girl swept a smile at everyone present, her fur hat and mantle lending a nice touch of purple to her otherwise pale complexion. A slight pause, and then she proceeded to waltz airily into the room.

All the while without any evidence that she felt she needed to apologize for her lateness.

“Everyone… except Caster's Master?”
she said, more feeling the situation than seeing it. She did not even look at the people. The English she used was slightly accented, showing her German heritage, but otherwise every pitch and note was perfect. “One…one…oh right! The Brand! But they are a stupid family, so….~ ”

Stopping a perfect distance away from the table, the silver-haired girl turned around and, still smiling, gave everyone a graceful curtsy.

“Greetings, everyone! I am Innesviel von Einzbern, Silencer’s Master, and the only survivor of the Hundred Hunters. It is very nice to finally meet all the Masters!”

She paused for just the right amount of time to let the gravity of her words sank in. In contrast to Tier, who skilfully brought attention towards the crowd, Innesviel chose to stand aloft and forced all attention towards her, regardless whether they wanted it or not. By simply divulging her identity she had let many things for the present Masters to consider.

First, her name. Everyone who called himself a Magus would have at least heard of the Einzberns, that powerful family who once owned Third Magic, and who might be older than all the family lines at the room combined. They had chosen to refrain from direct involvement in the False Grail Wars other than sending a Searcher, so their involvement as a true Master in the current War might suggest that this War was the real deal, even though the girl's Servant was nowhere to be seen at this time. The name Innesviel itself was already quite famous among the circles of homunculi and puppet masters or other transference disciplines. She was built very well, yes, but the moment she was known to have hit twenty years gave her fame somewhat like Dolly would to geneticists. She cemented the Einzbern’s tradition of being creator of the best homunculi.

And secondly, it was the casual fact that she had mentioned of being the only survivor of that miserable incident, one which everyone in the room must have heard even a little before. Until now there were no definite accounts on how the Hundred Hunters could be wiped out in one night, and this smiling child, with her piercing red eyes glowing apprehensively might held the key to that night’s incident.

In a way, she might be one of the most prepared Master in this room. And she did not try to hide it. She continued her words unabated, switching her stance left and right and making hand gestures when appropriate.

Still, if not for her unnerving eyes it would be hard for others to regard seriously to what this child had to say. She was too cheery.

“I am sure Mister Fraoude has already explained the situation to you. We are in The Fourth Holy Grail War, and the scope now is veeerrry large.”

She made a gesture of a big circle before continuing.

“We Einzberns thanked you all for agreeing to punish the insolent Thieves and bring back The Grail to its original intention. These Yggddmillennias are no more than cowardly rats, and it is our duty to stop whatever evil they were planning by summoning Seven Servants on their own…. “

She paused just slightly, but her eyes dimmed.

“…That was what the Hundred Hunters believed, and that was why they lost their lives.”

The air seemed to be more suffocating than before. Innesviel hung her head for an instant, but quickly returned the gaze with a widening smile.

“But that should not happen to us. Most of you are trash, with very few worthy Magus here…. One of us could even be called a child in Magecraft…” her disdainful gaze fell to Marcos, somehow feeling that he held the lowest qualification as a Master here, “but with the aid of excellent Servant such as Caster,“ she gave a quick curtsy once more at Nimue, not knowing her name yet, “and others, I am sure we can win this War. I want us all to survive this ordeal alive, with not one of us missing. Okay?”

She seemed really genuine in her feelings when she said those words. No other impressions could be made.

Walking lightly towards the table, Innesviel continued her words. Clearly, she has taken the stance of being the Leader here. Or at the very least, presented herself as an equal to Tier.

“But first, please allow me to tell you what is really happening in Taixuan. Mmm… I’ll choose silver this time~ ”

And as she said so, threads of silver started appearing from one of her hands, which with her other hand she skillfully weaved into a three-dimensional meshwork of parts of Taixuan landscape she had seen. Transmutation at one of its highest degree, combined with perfected Property Manipulation, it didn’t seem that the performing of such advanced magecraft took any noticeable toll at the little child. She smoothly guide the threads to their shapes whilst telling the audience about the current war.

She told them about the events of that horrible night with The Hundred Hunters, clearly leaving out some details but nevertheless gave a consistent view. She told them about the enemy Archer “a fair woman with radiant golden hair who unleashed arrows faster than raindrops. A great threat.” She explained the Yggdmillennia compound they stormed, pointing at the meshwork as it zoomed in at the building and highlighted important points in the compound to the best of Innesviel’s knowledge. The most complete part was of course the gate and front yard, the part where her group entered, while other part was limited to the exterior. She told them about the defense mechanisms they encountered and the point of the weakness, all with the help of the ever shifting meshwork of silver threads.

Then she told them about the encounter with the Berserker, and her tone changed oh-so-subtly. Only perhaps the supernatural hearing of the Servants could detect a mixed feelings behind her usual cheery attitude. She explained Berserker “a mad old man in armor” and how he tore through magical barriers as if they were nothing. She stressed his apparent strength, but also the fact that he seemed to become less of a threat with the passage of time.

“And so!” she exclaimed, clapping her hands. The meshwork displayed the outline of the compound “that is the general idea of our enemy's base. It is located in a good leyline. There are several strong intersections in the city” the meshwork zoomed out into a beautiful view of Taixuan. Some points are marked there, including the lake. “These are all that I have detected during these past days. Make sure to put them to good use.”

Now she eagerly swept her eyes at the audience as if expecting their response. Her face was shining with enthusiasm.

“That is enough, right? Now let us discuss how and when we will make our move. We have heard of stupid haste in war, but cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays.

Note: Isn't Innes useful? ^^ Please allow some more discussion to Tier's words before shifting to the part when Innes entered the room. Thank you.
Note: If wanted to accompany Innes into the room, please feel free! But kindly do it in spirit form. Otherwise Innes could have ordered her to watch the perimeter of the building.
Innesviel von Einzbern Avatar

Innesviel von Einzbern
TEAM RED
Quick Reply