As For Me and My House [Yehoshu'a, Berserker of Black]

Post by Yehoshua on Jul 28, 2014 14:22:10 GMT

i.imgur.com/4fDV8eJ.jpg
Yehoshu'a, holy warrior of God, leader of the armies of Israel, butcher of the Canaanites. He was a man with a reputation for holiness and unwavering faith, but in truth he was an ordinary man, one just as subject to doubt as the next, who fulfilled his horrific commands to the best of his abilities. Perhaps there can be something good said of the faith that soldiers on despite doubt, but Yehoshu'a as Berserker would not be one to say it.

Despite suffering from his madness, Yehoshu'a is at his core still a kind soul who only wants to do what is expected of him by his God. He believes that only one who is in true alignment with His will would be capable of summoning him, so he serves his Master as dutifully as he did Moses and will follow them into the mouth of hell if that is required. His devotion to the Black team is conditional on his own Master's, but at least to start he finds little objectionable about them. Unless they prove themselves to be enemies of himself of his God, Yehoshu'a will aid and support them, either with quiet calm off of the battlefield or furious brutality on it.

FRIENDS: Those who show themselves to be true servants of God, or at least live by something close to His law
ENEMIES: Those who oppose his God, especially that Egyptian [EXPLETIVE DELETED] who presumes to call herself Ruler
LOVERS: ...meh. Yehoshu'a had a wife in life, but isn't really interested in that right now. Though if someone wanted to romance the old man they are welcome to try.
OTHERS: ...I dunno.
Yehoshua Avatar

Yehoshua
TEAM BLACK

Post by Ruler on Aug 3, 2014 17:09:18 GMT

Let's thread. LET'S THREAD MAN. THERE'S ONLY ROOM FOR ONE RULER IN THIS TOWN, AND IT AIN'T THE BIG N BEARDED GUY UP ABOVE. Ahem.

Honestly, I think Ruler quite admires his devotion and doesn't mind listening to his ravings. In fact, I think she might take an intellectual curiosity in pushing any and all DANGER DO NOT PRESS buttons that may exist.

Obviously, he has no master yet so who knows where his story will go, but at some point in the extended future, I'd love to see Ruler vs Black Caster. His np should at least make her vulnerable even while she's acting as Isis, which could lead to her having a serious case of the hurts or even deceased.

I also have some other characters, but I ain't got any particular ideas. If Yehoshu'a is hanging around the Holy Grail, so is Altai (Master of Black Rider, kid with a bad attitude and too many issues), so maybe Altai has to listen to him talk about God?
Ruler Avatar

Ruler

Post by Yehoshua on Aug 3, 2014 23:46:49 GMT

I'd actually love to thread. Sadly as a Berserker I doubt Yehoshu'a would be able to come to any sort of understanding with Cleo, regardless of how kind and understanding she is. That being said, I doubt he'd go off too badly as long as she avoided mentioning the whole Pharoah thing.

Big thing is I don't want him attempting to kill Ruler until a little ways down the road.

As for Altai, sure? Yehoshu'a's probably not going to venture too much into the town, cept unless whoever his Master is decides to drag him around. So all things considered he'll probably be hanging around with someone, might as well be the kid. Heck, he might relish the chance to play older mentor like his idol hero Moses.
Yehoshua Avatar

Yehoshua
TEAM BLACK

Post by Catharsis on Aug 4, 2014 3:00:18 GMT

An interesting note for Altai is that I think he'll be disappearifying himself for a while. I think it'd be especially cool if he could still see (or notice, whatever) him even in a disembodied state? I know he's berserker, but I feel like his serenity and company could help a kid that screwed the pooch badly enough to have lost corporeal form.

I'm up for a Ruler thread whenever, although I'm posting only sporadically during my hiatus. She's available in Taixuan starting Day -2, and if we can't figure out a real reason for them to encounter each other, she just brings the world's most lackluster homemade cookies. Or kosher dogs, I don't know what Yehoshu'a eats.
Catharsis Avatar

Catharsis
STAFF

Post by Yehoshua on Aug 4, 2014 15:45:22 GMT

: Sounds good. Dunno how Yehoshu'a would actually be able to see him outright, but I'm up for trying to explain it away. If Arturia can get away with walking on water, I'm sure we can BS something :P

: Yeah, a simple early encounter with her would probably be a good place to start, just to start building a teensy bit of animosity. And now I've actually got to look up Jewish dietary laws again. Leviticus, here I come!
Yehoshua Avatar

Yehoshua
TEAM BLACK

Post by Altai-Erdene Nergülgiin on Aug 4, 2014 16:23:29 GMT

It's too late for me to start a thread (I've already got one on my to-do list before I sleep, a second would be pushing it!) tonight, but I can probably get to it tomorrow. I was thinking Day -1 Midday, just because no one's posted in that subforum yet, and I don't want to take up his Day 1 in case you plot something for then later.

Or if you want to start, go ahead! I'll get around to replying as soon as I can.

Post by Catharsis on Aug 4, 2014 17:09:23 GMT

I lied. Here's Ruler. Let me know if I need to change anything or if we should belay this thread for later. Altai coming up tomorrow for sure though, I'm passing out.

Running quality control on that starter when I wake up btw. I am not entirely sure I'm still sentient at this hour. Sorry for any errors.
Catharsis Avatar

Catharsis
STAFF

Post by Siegfried on Aug 13, 2014 18:57:40 GMT

I know we've chatted about this before, but I wanted to make it official that I want my Day 6 fight to be with Bahsahkah here. It will be a glorious fight. I'm hoping to make his invulnerability well known by the time we fight, and to force Siegfried into a mundane position sounds like a thrilling way to end it.
Siegfried Avatar

Siegfried
TEAM RED
Quick Reply