Servant Stats Changes + A Note on Pluses & Class Skills

Post by Tanz on Sept 10, 2014 1:02:58 GMT

Hey guys! First of all, let me explain quickly about pluses on stats because we never officially wrote it anywhere. You can put pluses to your char's stats for free. Just take note that a plus "represents the capacity of a temporary boost in power if certain conditions are met, allowing a weapon or ability of a lower rank to surpass a higher rank for a moment." You can see more about it here.

Next, there is a change in the base Class Skills. Archer will have their Magic Resistance decrease from C to D since their MR is not supposed to be on par with Saber's and Lancer's (sorry mangs.) Next, Saber will now have a B-Rank Riding Skill along with their Magic Resistance as a class skill.

Moving on, we've got a relatively major additions for Servants. We will be considering the two other factors that contribute to a Servant's strength: the cultural sphere and the magic energy of the Master.

The cultural sphere indicates that the closer a Servant was summoned to the origin of their legend, the truer they would be to the figure they were immortalized as. King Arthur being summoned in Britain would be stronger than King Arthur being summoned in Germany and even less so in Japan.

Servants summoned in the origin of their legend receive 3 additional points they can use for their parameters (up to A only). Servants summoned in the continent of their legend receive 2. It is not recommended to maximize them; just use to up to what you see is fitting to the ideal strength of the Servant. It should also be noted that it is only the Black Team who might have had the leisure to choose and plan where to summon their Servant. Still, there's the danger of being caught so England is the place for most Masters to have done the summoning.

The current geographical location of the Servant will give them temporary boost should they receive fame from it. For instance, as the war takes place in China, heroes of China will receive exceptional boosts. While in their land, their parameters will have a maximum of 3 pluses (+) depending on their popularity.

Instructions:

If these conditions apply to you, use the form below. Once I've looked through it, I'll add it to the application myself.

[b]Origin:[/b] The country of origin of their legend
[b]Summoned In:[/b] Where they were summoned. Ask your Master about it, if you have one.
[b]Popularity:[/b] List down the boosts they get and where you're putting those points. If you're not sure where your char is summoned in yet, you can take note where you'd put those boots if ever they were summoned  in their origin.

The magic energy of the Master is the capacity of the Master to provide magic energy for the Servant to reach their ideal strength. At times, if the Master is accomplished enough, they can even increase Class Skills.

So while the stats you see in a Servant's profile may be high and pumped up, their contracted Master will greatly affect the final stats.

Three things to note:

+ Class Skills are generally unaffected by poor mana provisions. Your char can instead have the capacity to boost them by a rank depending on their specialty and personality. This requires the magus to at least be very trained in magecraft. The class skills to choose from are Battle Continuation, Independent Action, Item Construction, Magic Resistance, Presence Concealment, Territory Creation. Mad Enhancement is an exemption though it can be tweaked and modified by other means.

+ A Master's capacity to provide mana also depends on the Servant they have. The “stronger” their Servant is, the harder it might be. Even an average magus would have difficulty providing mana for the likes of King Arthur (sorry, abusing Arturia as an example.)

+ Being unable to provide or withholding mana from the Servant can lead a stat to be affected by the Master's personality and way of life.

Instructions:

If these conditions apply to you, use the form below. Once I've looked through it, I'll add it to the application myself. Change SERVANT'S NAME to your Servant's name.

To all other non-master mages, you can take note their class bonus(es) in your apps.

[li][b]SERVANT'S NAME:[/b] Explain if your character is competent enough to provide full mana to the Servant or/and if they are intentionally withholding. State which stats are affected and their final rank under your char. The stats that can be affected are Strength, Endurance, Agility, Mana, Luck, and Noble Phantasms. [/li]
[li][b]CLASS BONUS:[/b] Class +1 (if applicable.)[/li]
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
I play Ying Zhemg, Li Xin, Wang Ben, Marcos Amuro, Luca Barany, Kiritsugu Emiya-Yggdm., and Jin.

Post by Tanz on Sept 10, 2014 1:58:31 GMT

For

[b]Origin:[/b] China
[b]Summoned In:[/b] Probably not China
[b]Popularity:[/b] +3 modifiers on all stats. If summoned in China, Luck is increased from B to A++. Will not gain any bonuses when summoned elsewhere.

For

[b]Summoned In:[/b] ---
[b]Popularity:[/b] +2 modifiers on all stats.  

For and all other terracotta warriors

[b]Summoned In:[/b] ---
[b]Popularity:[/b] +1 modifier on all stats.  

For

[li][b]PARIS OF TROY:[/b] Despite his inexperience and preconceived notion of being inept, Marcos is the perfect Master. The quality of his mana is like using diamond instead of coal. Paris and, most likely, any other Servant Marcos is in contract with will achieve their fullest strength. Perhaps the only setback is that this can be compromised anytime due to the nature of the Amuro Crest.[/li]
[li][b]CLASS BONUS:[/b] Marcos is not fully trained. In his prime, he might have boosted Magic Resistance and Independent Action, an ideal set for the Archer class.[/li]

For

[li][b]CLASS BONUS:[/b] Riding + 1[/li]

For

[li][b]CLASS BONUS:[/b] Magic Resistance +1, Item Construction + 1[/li]
Tanz Avatar

Tanz
OOC
I play Ying Zhemg, Li Xin, Wang Ben, Marcos Amuro, Luca Barany, Kiritsugu Emiya-Yggdm., and Jin.